Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Career Builder > Career Questions
Obap annual convention and career fair >

Obap annual convention and career fair

Notices
Career Questions Career advice, interview prep and gouges, job fairs, etc.

Obap annual convention and career fair

Old 07-15-2016, 04:01 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2014
Position: A320 FO
Default Obap annual convention and career fair

Hello Ladies and Gents.

I am new here and just getting to know the Forum; apologies if I am not posting in the right place.

I am an airline pilot flying in South America and finally got my vacation days approved for August. I really want to get a hold of tickets for this job fair because I am trying to make the transition to an airline back home; I am from Michigan originally but I have been out of the country for ten years!

I know the event is sold out, but I thought there may be some last minute cancelations. Any help or info on this would be much appreciated, thanks.
Old 07-16-2016, 07:16 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: 737 FO

What he said? Anybody holding any extra tickets for the career fair?

Thanks
Old 07-20-2016, 05:37 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: A320 CA

I have appointments with United, southwest, and American that I don't need anymore. I emailed OBAP and asked them how to transfer these appointments and I haven't heard back. I'm glad to transfer my tickets, I just don't know how yet.
Old 07-20-2016, 12:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: CR7 Capt

A little nervous about going this year. I've already gotten several emails from companies attending (UAL & SWA) saying that they have overbooked attendees on Thursday and have asked if you are flexible enough to move your appointment. As someone flying in from out of town, I booked my appointments during the morning so I could spend the afternoon trying to get home. Really worried that I'm going to have to skip/pass on at least one of my appointments to avoid missing others.

Sounds like the scheduling for the event was/is a mess. Hopefully everything works out.
Old 07-20-2016, 03:15 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2014
Position: EMB 175 CA

I would also be interested if someone has tickets to the career fair they want to transfer. Have the days off, but waited too long to see if I could get the days off before purchasing my ticket.
Old 07-20-2016, 05:37 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by Dav8rman View Post
I would also be interested if someone has tickets to the career fair they want to transfer. Have the days off, but waited too long to see if I could get the days off before purchasing my ticket.
which airlines will be there? is there a list of airlines attending?
Old 07-21-2016, 02:56 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2016

I'd take tickets to the career fair, if anyone has any available. PM me if you're interested. Thank you!
Old 07-26-2016, 07:56 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2014
Position: HS-125
Default Cinderella looking for a ticket to the ball

I am a member to OBAP, but was too late to the party to get a reservation for the job fair. I was hoping that someone would be able to help me just get in the door. Is anyone willing or know someone willing to transfer their reservation?
Old 07-28-2016, 04:36 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Originally Posted by dudeskibro View Post
I have appointments with United, southwest, and American that I don't need anymore. I emailed OBAP and asked them how to transfer these appointments and I haven't heard back. I'm glad to transfer my tickets, I just don't know how yet.
Originally Posted by jstyle13 View Post
A little nervous about going this year. I've already gotten several emails from companies attending (UAL & SWA) saying that they have overbooked attendees on Thursday and have asked if you are flexible enough to move your appointment. As someone flying in from out of town, I booked my appointments during the morning so I could spend the afternoon trying to get home. Really worried that I'm going to have to skip/pass on at least one of my appointments to avoid missing others.

Sounds like the scheduling for the event was/is a mess. Hopefully everything works out.

Really very disappointed in this fair so far. Registration was a mess. Signing up for meetings was a cluster, and now I'm not getting responses to my emails about my meeting times being changed. I'm taking time off from work and flying in, spending money on hotels and their fair just to meet with the top 3 companies, and now I may only be able to speak to one because my slots have been changed. I've inquired 3 times now through the 'contact us' page on obap.org and have gotten nothing from them.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005

Originally Posted by turboflyin View Post
Really very disappointed in this fair so far. Registration was a mess. Signing up for meetings was a cluster, and now I'm not getting responses to my emails about my meeting times being changed. I'm taking time off from work and flying in, spending money on hotels and their fair just to meet with the top 3 companies, and now I may only be able to speak to one because my slots have been changed. I've inquired 3 times now through the 'contact us' page on obap.org and have gotten nothing from them.
I did get a response from them the other day, but it was not from a question about appointments. My feeling is you're being ignored because they have no good answer for you.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk