Company Paid Vacation

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
If I'm offered a trip with company and can take my wife, does this count towards days flown?

The CP is saying this is a paid vacation from the company and does not count towards days flown for the year.
Pfffft! That's work! Screw that.

Our spouses occasionally get to go and it is not counted as vacation. That just blows my mind.
Quote: If I'm offered a trip with company and can take my wife, does this count towards days flown?

The CP is saying this is a paid vacation from the company and does not count towards days flown for the year.
When you are being to what to do and are required to do it, that is called DUTY.

Yes that is a day flown and yes the cp sounds like a _________
Are you allowed to drink pina coladas?
There's your answer.
I've worked with companies that tried BS like this before. Pathetic. It's work no matter how sweet they make it sound. Very glad that I don't have to deal with that anymore.
The question is...is this trip in the back of the plane or the front?
Quote: The question is...is this trip in the back of the plane or the front?
This.

Are you both just tagging along with no work-related responsibilities?
Quote: If I'm offered a trip with company and can take my wife, does this count towards days flown?

Wow...

Do you and I work at the same company by chance? Lol

This reminds me of the time my company charged a fellow co-worker for vacation AFTER said co-worker was off for a few days for his grandfather's funeral. This co-worker didn't even request time off. It just so happened that he wasn't needed to fly. No matter though. The CP charged him for 3 days vacation plus 2 sick days.

But to answer your original question... If you're driving the bus then it sure as heck counts as work!
If you can not opt out and you have no choice...ITS WORK

FMLA would cover family requirements.

"The Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 (FMLA) is a United States federal law requiring employers to provide employees job-protected and unpaid leave for qualified medical and family reasons."
Unfortunately, FMLA would not have applied in my co-worker's case. FMLA leave only covers time off one takes to care for a family member.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to