My Ameriflight questions

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
I'm trying to make a hard decision on the retirement thing. I'm past twenty with our beloved Uncle, and I'm debating on taking the next promotion and getting moved. I don't want to make the move, but I'm short on Turbine PIC for the "real" world of aviation.

I'm at 2200TT with 800 Turbine PIC (365 helicopters, the rest is Kingair B200).

Am I hireable in the BFI location? If so, what airframe and how soon?

Any other advice would be great.
Good old BFI. Lots of senior guys there I'm afraid. The best chance with AMF in BFI would be the Chieftain. But I used to work as a contract pilot in the BFI area in '05. I routinely commuted down to PDX for work at the employer's expense. My .02 would be if you want to stay in SEA, then get your resume out to the FBO's at both BFI, TIW, PDX, and HIO. Also start making friends with the local pilots.
Clay Lacy and Galvins both have charter depts out at BFI, Also if your current still in the Helicopter there are those gigs too.
If you PM me, I'll provide some names and dept's if you'd like with both AMF and other outfits. Also if you don't have your ATP, get it.
AMF is good for you with your hours.. Have ou considered Airnow, Cargo Carriers, or Freight Runners? All similiar types of flying with opportunities to quickly increase your turbine PIC time.
I have looked at those folks, but I'm going to do my absolute best to stay in the BFI area... I've moved too many times in the last twenty years, so it's time to stick around for a while. It may cripple my post Army flying career, but my family deserves it.
I think you might be over qualified for ameriflight, also kingair PIC is not worth much to airlines. Your best bet is to find a regional airline, Skywest, Horizon might be good. Spend a few years then move on to a major. If you're looking for something better soon, try the fractionals. ATP 2500 with turbine experience is all that it takes. Good luck
I'm still wondering if they pay an additional few cents per mile or not.
"also kingair PIC is not worth much to airlines"

I would disagree with this statement. At FedEx if you meet the qualifications specified, and MOST importantly have 3 recomendations from the inside, pass the meet and greet, then you will get into the interview pipe.

The magic number is 1000 pic multi turbine/turbo-prop. The King Air meets these requirements.
SF Flyer,

Ignore AirWillie, there is not such thing as being over qualified for Ameriflight. With your time you could easily step into any of AMF's turboprop fleet. Just as Ziggy was saying BFI goes very senior, at least it has been for the past few years, and it may take going to another base to get senority to get back to BFI. AMF has a reciprocal jumpseat agreement with Southwest Airlines, so getting around the country is not that difficult.

If you would like more info just PM and I would be happy to answer any other questions you may have.

freightdog
It never hurts to try. In the end, when someone needs a job to pay the bills, you need a job, even if it is a supposed "Demotion" or you are "Over-qualified." Only stupid HR people think that way anyways.
I have heard that AMF is hiring anyone that is meets the quals for Metros or 1900s. Get in the ap, they want you and they will find a way to use you. And they will USE you.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to