27% offer by Delta?

Subscribe
5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 
Page 9 of 12
Go to
and of course management would never alter the current compensation models....to mitigate the award and once again screw the pilots...naaah.

they would never do that.
Quote: If it's not an issue, why is management asking for it? Doesn't matter, since it's so insignificant, they can just chuck it.
One of the dumber posts I have seen. They ask for it for the same reason they ask for anything in the contract. MONEY! 10 to 30 million on one line item is significant. Taken in the context of hundreds of items like this it turns into big money even if they only get one out of ten.
Quote: One of the dumber posts I have seen. They ask for it for the same reason they ask for anything in the contract. MONEY! 10 to 30 million on one line item is significant. Taken in the context of hundreds of items like this it turns into big money even if they only get one out of ten.
That's the point isn't it? When the company is making multiple BILLIONS, why would our "union" entertain even one of these "needs"??
the tactical objective may be $30m.

the strategic objective is the complete elimination of the ps payments. 30m today.....and 300m tomorrow.
Quote: That's the point isn't it? When the company is making multiple BILLIONS, why would our "union" entertain even one of these "needs"??
Out of curiosity, tell me how once we're under the control of the NMB (which Tom Brielmann told us would be a "failure") you envision us getting a deal without entertaining anything from the company side. How does that play out? How long does that take? What does the mediator do when you tell him you only want to discuss our wants?

I'm serious. I'm not trying to be snide. Do you have a plan?

Better yet, does the MEC?
Quote: That's the point isn't it? When the company is making multiple BILLIONS, why would our "union" entertain even one of these "needs"??
As far as I know they have not. Nothing in the process allows us to keep the company from asking.
Quote: Out of curiosity, tell me how once we're under the control of the NMB (which Tom Brielmann told us would be a "failure") you envision us getting a deal without entertaining anything from the company side. How does that play out? How long does that take? What does the mediator do when you tell him you only want to discuss our wants?

I'm serious. I'm not trying to be snide. Do you have a plan?

Better yet, does the MEC?
I'm willing to give them back $.05 of my hourly per diem for 22%-7-7. Don't touch my PS!!

See! I can negotiate as good as Donutbelly's crew- I just turn the tables around...
Quote: As far as I know they have not. Nothing in the process allows us to keep the company from asking.
Did you not see TA 2015 that our "union" gave us?
Quote: I'm willing to give them back $.05 of my hourly per diem for 22%-7-7. Don't touch my PS!!

See! I can negotiate as good as Donutbelly's crew- I just turn the tables around...
I don't know why I expected an intelligent response.

My fault.
Quote: You are reading it incorrectly. Currently all management compensation except equity based compensation already counts against our profit sharing. The change is that equity based compensation would also count. That is estimated to be a worst case of about 150 million a year. That would reduce the PS pool by about 30 million a year of which we get about a third so it would result in a 10 million dollar reduction in the pilot pool.

What limits it to $150 million per? Are you using historical norms or is there actually a contractual limit to this clause?

Historical estimations are totally worthless if changes can made to the program.

I am not saying this will happen, but with the track record of DAL management we would be foolish to "trust" them.

Scoop
5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 
Page 9 of 12
Go to