AA WO New Uniform Problem

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 5 of 9
Go to
Quote: Which honestly seems silly because I don't even think the hats are mandatory at mainline. So why would they care if the WOs wear them?
Because it's in the contract and they want to make you give something up to get rid of that paragraph?

No such thing as a free lunch.
I'm sorry to see such distain for the hat. Since WWII, the pilot's hat has always been a symbol of authority and professionalism, commanding a bit of respect.

In years past, a pilot would never be seen in public without their coat buttoned and hat on.

These days it's hard to tell who the pilots compared to everyone else working for the airline. I'm a firm believer that if you are a true professional you should look and act the part.
Quote: I'm sorry to see such distain for the hat. Since WWII, the pilot's hat has always been a symbol of authority and professionalism, commanding a bit of respect.

In years past, a pilot would never be seen in public without their coat buttoned and hat on.

These days it's hard to tell who the pilots compared to everyone else working for the airline. I'm a firm believer that if you are a true professional you should look and act the part.
We get it, you wear the hat. Next question, do you also fly wearing a knee board?
Quote: Hat is a TOOL device recognition, if everybody wears a hat we will not know who is the tool.

I think it's more likely comments like this that ID the tool. Who gives a damn if someone wants to wear the hat.
Quote: We get it, you wear the hat. Next question, do you also fly wearing a knee board?
your banana is sticking out of your a zz
Quote: I think it's more likely comments like this that ID the tool. Who gives a damn if someone wants to wear the hat.
That's what I'm saying, I would totally wear the hat, and really wouldn't care if others did or not, their choice not mine.
Quote: I think it's more likely comments like this that ID the tool. Who gives a damn if someone wants to wear the hat.
It's completely anecdotal, but the majority of the CA's that were on my no fly list wore the hat, so there's definitely a strong correlation there. There was a small minority who wore the hat who were pretty awesome to fly with.
Quote: I'm still new n all, but I don't understand why people have such a hard time wearing the hat. I wouldn't mind wearing it lol I wear a cover everyday for work anyways so why's this so different? Not trying to argue as I know I'm in the minority, but just an honest question.
When a hat is optional, wearing one says you're a bit of a tool. You want people to look at you in awe that you're a pilot. Or maybe management type. Plenty of people they wear hats when optional and they're just fine.

When any part of the uniform is mandatory and not worn purposely, they're just too cool for school. Probably a huge db, immature, and the type that will cheat a walk-around, leave out call-outs, and show that the checklist has been memorized when one has been called for.
Quote: It's completely anecdotal, but the majority of the CA's that were on my no fly list wore the hat, so there's definitely a strong correlation there. There was a small minority who wore the hat who were pretty awesome to fly with.
I definitely agree with you here!
Quote: When a hat is optional, wearing one says you're a bit of a tool. You want people to look at you in awe that you're a pilot. Or maybe management type. Plenty of people they wear hats when optional and they're just fine.

When any part of the uniform is mandatory and not worn purposely, they're just too cool for school. Probably a huge db, immature, and the type that will cheat a walk-around, leave out call-outs, and show that the checklist has been memorized when one has been called for.
ah, I get it now lol Well I'd hope I'm not a DB, just like the way it looks honestly, I wear a dixie cup for now so I consider it an upgrade haha and I definitely don't gundeck anything, we've lost people cuz of that ****
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 5 of 9
Go to