DAL Class drops

Subscribe
101  151  191  197  198  199  200  201  202  203  204  205  211  251  301 
Page 201 of 390
Go to
It would be an interesting spreadsheet to see the yearly list %tile where retirements are departing from the property.

Along with aircraft type and position.
Quote: It would be an interesting spreadsheet to see the yearly list %tile where retirements are departing from the property.

Along with aircraft type and position.
It's not exactly that, but if you go to crew resources and scheduling, then category and staffing lists, there is a 5 year mandatory retirement list by category under there.
Quote: Yeah and every month you see the 330A, 765A, etc guys retiring and how many of those guys seats have we filled in AE's lately?

Clearly we are not replacing these guys 1:1.

Hope we hire 1,200.
My number keeps going up
Any idea if Delta Air Lines is still running new hires classes every Monday?
Quote: Any idea if Delta Air Lines is still running new hires classes every Monday?
Last year they had 20-30 new hires every Monday. So far what I’ve seen is 2 classes in Jan and 2 in Februry, each of them have 60 NH.

240 guys in 2 months, that’s about 20 a month more than last year.
Quote: Last year they had 20-30 new hires every Monday. So far what I’ve seen is 2 classes in Jan and 2 in Februry, each of them have 60 NH.

240 guys in 2 months, that’s about 20 a month more than last year.
I was thinking it was more like 30-40 weekly last year, but I only have an idea for the classes October and on.
Quote: This is worth noting again when pay banding discussions start heating up. Too many people have the impression that all our senior folks are exclusively WB.
Sorry... new guy here.

What is "pay banding"

Thanks,

CC
It's when groups of aircraft are combined in the same payrate. Like A330/777 pay the same hourly rate.

Denny
Quote: Sorry... new guy here.

What is "pay banding"

Thanks,

CC
Most airlines do this already, Delta included. One rate for multiple aircraft types. Some of us have interest in "expanding" banding so there are fewer rates for our expanding variety of aircraft. For example, some people think we could simply have Small, Medium, Large rate categories and call it a day.

To go from what we have now to a "simpler" distribution like the one above, we would have to adjust pay for individual types in a non uniform manner. For instance, if we were to band 330 with 350, the 330 rate would have to increase significantly more than the 350 rate would increase between this contract and our next one in order to match them (AA already does this, I'm told). Theoretically, the 350 could even remain unchanged (or even drop, though that's unlikely to garner any support for good reasons) to accommodate a larger increase in 330 pay when merging the two.

The same theory applies between NB and WB...even if you didn't change the bands themselves but simply wanted to create less discrepancy between 320 and 330 (as an example), "NB Pilots" would get a larger rate increase than "WB Pilots". I put those in quotes, because really most of us are or will soon be only one AE from swapping from NB to WB or vice versa.

Pay banding is a simple concept but adjustments to it are very complex. There are lots of good arguments for and against changes to banding.

In my personal opinion, this next contract is as good a time as any to make major changes, since there will already be major training cascades due to accelerating retirements and fleet composition changes. Honestly, those are also the same reasons some cite for why it's a BAD time to change.

The historical loss of pensions and calculations based on Final Average Earnings (now irrelevant other than for disability) alters the discussions around traditional pay structure. It used to be great to make a ton of money in your final years since that drove your retirement value. Without a pension, one's nest egg now grows better (on average) with flatter pay over an entire career... make more earlier to give those funds time to grow in the market. That's all well and good for folks who have a whole career under such a structure, but it does negatively affect those who are just finishing under what would be a smaller "top rate" without having had the expanded lower rate to compensate.
Quote: I was thinking it was more like 30-40 weekly last year, but I only have an idea for the classes October and on.
1092 new hire pilots in 2017 so, on average, we brought in 91/month. Class sizes and frequency varied.
101  151  191  197  198  199  200  201  202  203  204  205  211  251  301 
Page 201 of 390
Go to