DAL Class drops

Subscribe
190  240  280  286  287  288  289  290  291  292  293  294  300  340 
Page 290 of 390
Go to
Quote: 24 months is a long time in Deltaville. In the next 24 months, we'll probably retire a fleet or two, open/close a base or two, buy a new airframe or two, and merge with another company or two. Only 69% of what I just typed will eventually be true. Which 69%, no one knows. The point is that no one can give you the answer you seek. Come back and ask that question when you've got the CJO in hand and the info will be much more accurate. Good luck, and I hope you avoid the non-vol 365s that will inevitably be thrown your way in your last two years. Was in your shoes not long ago.
Get your logbook together and your app in soon. In the voodoo magic of hiring, it seems to matter how long you’ve had an app in. Just be honest about your availability.
Quote: Get your logbook together and your app in soon. In the voodoo magic of hiring, it seems to matter how long you’ve had an app in. Just be honest about your availability.
This isn't true at all.
Quote: This isn't true at all.
I was told by 2 different interview prep companies that it showed you had a desire to work at Delta and that you had been working towards the job, not just expecting an interview. What makes you say so definitively that it doesn’t matter?
Unless you are part of the application process, you should probably not speak with complete authority on the subject.
Quote: I was told by 2 different interview prep companies that it showed you had a desire to work at Delta and that you had been working towards the job, not just expecting an interview. What makes you say so definitively that it doesn’t matter?
and i personally know people who have been invited to interview within 2 weeks of publishing their apps for the first time.
Quote: and i personally know people who have been invited to interview within 2 weeks of publishing their apps for the first time.
That has no bearing on whether or not it helps to have an app in for several months or a year. I have flown with 3 different FOs with ZERO turbine PIC. That doesn’t mean that having PIC time doesn’t matter.
Quote: That has no bearing on whether or not it helps to have an app in for several months or a year. I have flown with 3 different FOs with ZERO turbine PIC. That doesn’t mean that having PIC time doesn’t matter.

Okay so you admit that it doesn't matter how long your app has been in, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've heard that it is true and one of (many of) the things they look at and weigh.
Quote: Okay so you admit that it doesn't matter how long your app has been in, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No...I’m saying the presence of outliers does not constitute a new norm. If people believe the crap you’re saying, it could hurt their chances of being hired. Unless you have iron-clad proof, you’re an ass to mislead someone trying to get their dream job.
Quote: No...I’m saying the presence of outliers does not constitute a new norm. If people believe the crap you’re saying, it could hurt their chances of being hired. Unless you have iron-clad proof, you’re an ass to mislead someone trying to get their dream job.
weird, the exact same thing goes for what you said about time for application in matters. take your own advice, if you arent working in pilot selection don't say things matter that aren't published when they don't matter. So please provide us proof that having your app in longer matters, otherwise STHU.

Does having your application in longer help you? sure because they can see it earlier, but delaying to put your application in by no means hurts your chances of being hired.
190  240  280  286  287  288  289  290  291  292  293  294  300  340 
Page 290 of 390
Go to