DAL Class drops

Subscribe
192  242  282  288  289  290  291  292  293  294  295  296  302  342 
Page 292 of 390
Go to
Quote: Tunes is right. Don't spread false information unless you really have the data. The only people who have access to that are in the hiring department. All we can do is speculate.
Tunes is busy defending the argument that it doesn’t help. Checklistmonkey threw out his opinion as a fact and I gave my data point to contradict him.

You are correct, it is all speculation, as the people that know aren’t saying it on here. Even if they did, there would be multiple posts to challenge them and say the opposite is true.
Quote: weird, the exact same thing goes for what you said about time for application in matters. take your own advice, if you arent working in pilot selection don't say things matter that aren't published when they don't matter. So please provide us proof that having your app in longer matters, otherwise STHU.

Does having your application in longer help you? sure because they can see it earlier, but delaying to put your application in by no means hurts your chances of being hired.
On the contrary, if you reread what I said, I said it ‘seems’ to matter. I didn’t state anything as unrefuttable fact. If you don’t for sure, err to the conservative.
For what it’s worth I had my application in for just under 3 months and got the email to interview a few years ago. Regional guy, no internals, just did the application and here I am.

So here’s how it REALLY works. If you want to work here then when there’s a spot on your application, put a response. Publish the app. Wait until you get an interview email.

Or you could spend your free time in a cyber war arguing about whether you should have a long application or a short application!!!
Quote: For what it’s worth I had my application in for just under 3 months and got the email to interview a few years ago. Regional guy, no internals, just did the application and here I am.

So here’s how it REALLY works. If you want to work here then when there’s a spot on your application, put a response. Publish the app. Wait until you get an interview email.

Or you could spend your free time in a cyber war arguing about whether you should have a long application or a short application!!!
How much PIC time did you have on your application just out of curiousity?
Quote: Publish your app as soon as you've completed it, give an honest availability date...it's not that hard.
What crewdawg said: get your app in ASAP and put an accurate availability date on it.

If you're seeking advice on this topic, that's what you need to know and you can ignore the multiple pages of meaningless arguing on this thread.
Quote: For what it’s worth I had my application in for just under 3 months and got the email to interview a few years ago. Regional guy, no internals, just did the application and here I am.

Best advice yet. Once you have your stuff in one sock on the application publish it.
Quote: Best advice yet. Once you have your stuff in one sock on the application publish it.
Almost, IMHO. Once you think you have your stuff in a sock: print it out, check it again ON PAPER, have 3 people go over it with a fine tooth comb, make corrections THEN publish it.
Not to add fuel to the fire, but....prolly a difference between military pilot apps and civilian apps as far as timing goes as to the submission time coupled with the once a year review. I've known lots of military guys that get hired with minimal app dwell time.....prolly the civilian guys show more intent with longer dwell time and it prolly helps...not sure it makes much diff in the military spectrum

Kinda like master degrees...almost all military guys have one...not many RJ guys have one....2 different animals

Just my 2 cents
Well isn't this a fun little glimpse into Delta (or maybe pilot?) culture? Everyone thinks they're the smartest person in the room then gets butthurt when someone suggests the notion that in fact, there may be someone smarter in the room. Then the parties argue minutia beyond the attention span of anyone interested in the answer.

Quote: Publish your app as soon as you've completed it, give an honest availability date...it's not that hard.
Exactly right. Fill it out early, honestly and to the best of your ability, check for errors and omissions closely, update often, enhance when possible. And wait.
Also. I've been on vacation. Was there a drop this week I missed?
192  242  282  288  289  290  291  292  293  294  295  296  302  342 
Page 292 of 390
Go to