DAL Class drops

Subscribe
197  247  287  293  294  295  296  297  298  299  300  301  307  347 
Page 297 of 390
Go to
Quote: I'm talking about SWA having full classes .. this delay from CJO to class date is killing us, losing a lot of good pilots.
Cjo wait is ~6mo from the latest RST info. So if a pilot had a class date the very NEXT day at SWA, then he would have to wait a maximum of 6 months to start at DL (that is worst case scenario mind you). If the candidate doesn’t want to cut ties with SWA with <6mo seniority, then maybe he/she doesn’t really want to be at Delta (which is totally fine).

As another poster alluded to - Delta is having no problem filling classes, and can’t imagine they will any time soon.
I'm with sidestep. I was at another legacy for 6 months before coming here and it was one of the easiest decisions I've ever made. I know others who left one legacy after 9, 13, 15 and 18 months...if they want to be here, they'll show up.
Quote: Wait, the management team led the airline to a $5B profit last year and they are ‘screwing up’? Maybe, just maybe - they know what they’re doing?
You obviously have not kept up with staffing issues over the last few years. 88, 717, and the 350 to name a few. Which means $$$$ like I said.
Quote: You obviously have not kept up with staffing issues over the last few years. 88, 717, and the 350 to name a few. Which means $$$$ like I said.
I’ll concede the 350, but just because a given category is short staffed and there are plenty of GS to go around doesn’t mean it’s a bad business decision.
Quote: You obviously have not kept up with staffing issues over the last few years. 88, 717, and the 350 to name a few. Which means $$$$ like I said.
Agree. How many APU run hours can you buy with the money we spent on 350 pilots' credit during that debacle? I heard one captain pulled in $100k one month?!

Management is doing plenty right, but let's be willing to call a spade a spade when (expensive) mistakes are made...
Quote: Wait, the management team led the airline to a $5B profit last year and they are ‘screwing up’? Maybe, just maybe - they know what they’re doing?
Pilots know best!!

For what it's worth, I personally know someone who got hired at SWA and DL, with 6 months until their DL class. They started at SWA and then left for their DL class 6 months later. I'm sure it goes both ways, but that's just the nature of this hiring environment.
Quote: Agree. How many APU run hours can you buy with the money we spent on 350 pilots' credit during that debacle? I heard one captain pulled in $100k one month?!

Management is doing plenty right, but let's be willing to call a spade a spade when (expensive) mistakes are made...
Yeah. But just think how much they are saving by NOT paying that 350 pilots pension.
Billions.
And fwiw....it was a $120K month..
Quote: I’ll concede the 350, but just because a given category is short staffed and there are plenty of GS to go around doesn’t mean it’s a bad business decision.
Don't forget about the debacle where they massively overstaffed the 320 last summer to the point that they were paying pilots to sit at home, meanwhile the 737 was running a skeleton crew with OOB GSs getting awarded pretty much every day in NYC. And by most indications it looks like this summer will be no different.

If you want to make money it's great but for us northerners who like to enjoy our 3 months of summer with as much time off as possible, these classes of 10 are not ideal. I think you are right though, they must have calculated the cost of steady GS awards to be less than the cost of carrying excess reserves, QOL be damned.
Quote: Don't forget about the debacle where they massively overstaffed the 320 last summer to the point that they were paying pilots to sit at home, meanwhile the 737 was running a skeleton crew with OOB GSs getting awarded pretty much every day in NYC. And by most indications it looks like this summer will be no different.

If you want to make money it's great but for us northerners who like to enjoy our 3 months of summer with as much time off as possible, these classes of 10 are not ideal. I think you are right though, they must have calculated the cost of steady GS awards to be less than the cost of carrying excess reserves, QOL be damned.
A bunch of green slips are cheap compared to hiring a soul with full benefits and potentially 30+ years of earning potential.
Another noob question, for long call reserve is there a certain time period when you are on call? I plan on commuting from the west coast, is long call even possible from there?

Thanks!
197  247  287  293  294  295  296  297  298  299  300  301  307  347 
Page 297 of 390
Go to