DAL Class drops

Subscribe
199  249  289  295  296  297  298  299  300  301  302  303  309  349 
Page 299 of 390
Go to
Quote: The original question was from a current or prospective NH pilot asking about sitting LC from most likely an opposite coast most likely on a narrowbody fleet. My point was don't count on it very much if at all. That has nothing to do a positive outlook or glass half whatever. A trans con commute as a NH reserve thinking you're going to sit LC at home with anything other than a constant /clock/icrew/travelnet watching obsession is pretty much a pipe dream. DL's a great place to be for a lot of reasons, but that's not one of them.
Agreed. There is no way to responsibly sit LC from home unless you live in one of the few city pairs with a ton of frequency (ex. ORD, BOS, DCA to NYC). In most cases you get 16+ hours notice of an assignment but you have to plan for worst case scenario which would be 12 hours notice received in the evening. There aren't many commutes that would allow you two flight options if you're assigned an 8am show time at 8pm the night before, for example. That's why many pilots commute in and sit LC in base, even though its torture when you inevitably don't end up flying and know in hindsight you could have been home the whole time.
Quote: Agreed. There is no way to responsibly sit LC from home unless you live in one of the few city pairs with a ton of frequency (ex. ORD, BOS, DCA to NYC). In most cases you get 16+ hours notice of an assignment but you have to plan for worst case scenario which would be 12 hours notice received in the evening. There aren't many commutes that would allow you two flight options if you're assigned an 8am show time at 8pm the night before, for example. That's why many pilots commute in and sit LC in base, even though its torture when you inevitably don't end up flying and know in hindsight you could have been home the whole time.
agree but it does happen, the last time i bid reserve in feb my last trip for the month was about 12:02 of notice with my phone ringing just after the clock hit midnight.
Quote: Agreed. There is no way to responsibly sit LC from home unless you live in one of the few city pairs with a ton of frequency (ex. ORD, BOS, DCA to NYC). In most cases you get 16+ hours notice of an assignment but you have to plan for worst case scenario which would be 12 hours notice received in the evening. There aren't many commutes that would allow you two flight options if you're assigned an 8am show time at 8pm the night before, for example. That's why many pilots commute in and sit LC in base, even though its torture when you inevitably don't end up flying and know in hindsight you could have been home the whole time.
Especially while on probation.
heard the drop yesterday was 5 NYC 73N and 10 A220 NYC
Quote: agree but it does happen, the last time i bid reserve in feb my last trip for the month was about 12:02 of notice with my phone ringing just after the clock hit midnight.
Yes it does. I checked iCrew before taking an afternoon nap on a Tuesday, clear of clouds and clear of IT. I was 3 deep in the 4 day bucket with with only 2 days til required rest. Less than an hour later my nap was interrupted with 12:05 until report. 1 leg on day 1 to 30 hour layover. It does happen more often than you think.
Quote: Wait, the management team led the airline to a $5B profit last year and they are ‘screwing up’? Maybe, just maybe - they know what they’re doing?

Dude,

Our management is good, very good. But that does not mean that they are infallible. We make record profits despite numerous management blunders.

Scoop
Quote: Dude,

Our management is good, very good. But that does not mean that they are infallible. We make record profits despite numerous management blunders.

Scoop
A350 staffing rollout, anyone?
Quote: A350 staffing rollout, anyone?
How about the union-busting poster...
Quote: How about the union-busting poster...
It gives you some idea of how the Co. views it's employees. Not particularly well thought out. Somebody is dangling somewhere.
Quote: How about the union-busting poster...
I don't think they thought of that. I'd bet they outsourced to some entity that supposedly has a reputation for being successful in that arena and that's what they got and now have to eat it.
199  249  289  295  296  297  298  299  300  301  302  303  309  349 
Page 299 of 390
Go to