Notices

DAL Class drops

Old 02-11-2020, 06:48 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2019

Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
Anyone know about what went senior and what went junior?

320s went to 1,3,4,5,7
First ER went 2 and the rest in the front middle
220s and 737s sprinkled in the back middle
717s went last
Old 02-13-2020, 04:27 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by igotgummed View Post
-biddable short call
-1hr credit ABOVE rsv guarantee
-dry cleaning allowance

oh......and WBs.
They also have unlimited short call and airport ready reserve. You can't just cherry pick the good while ignoring the absolutely awful. Looking at the overall package, the reserve rules are terrible there. Yes, I want 1 hr SCC above guarantee, but I'm not willing to do airport reserve for it.
Old 02-13-2020, 04:32 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by Der Meister View Post
But yes UAL better training pay ie 80/month first year rate. They also pay for your hotel for all of your training ...it ends up working out to about 3-5k differenc. When you considering a month of hotel you have to pay for.. Sadly Delta is the last airline to not pay for training but also pay you a proper rate while in training... Every regional or ULCC I have worked for or known of at least has the decenty of paying for your hotel in training...but not delta
Even if they lose out on that pay initially, they would get it back and more in PS their first year. I would like to see new hires get a hotel, but I don't choose a 25-30+ year, double- digit-millions dollar career based on hotel costs during training.
Old 02-13-2020, 06:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by cle82 View Post
Yes, I want 1 hr SCC above guarantee, but I'm not willing to do airport reserve for it.
Nor should you. We've apparently already secured 1 hr SCC above guarantee, per updates from negotiations.
Old 02-14-2020, 03:31 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: P-3C

Originally Posted by Tactical Void View Post
320s went to 1,3,4,5,7
First ER went 2 and the rest in the front middle
220s and 737s sprinkled in the back middle
717s went last

Does it seem like the trend is that guys are willingly picking up the ATL 88’s?

-Bubs
Old 02-14-2020, 04:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: Fastest Hunk of Junk in the Galaxy

Originally Posted by P-3Bubba View Post
Does it seem like the trend is that guys are willingly picking up the ATL 88’s?

-Bubs
If there's nothing else in ATL and the rest of the drop consists of entirely NYC domiciled planes that's not uncommon.
Old 02-14-2020, 04:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
If there's nothing else in ATL and the rest of the drop consists of entirely NYC domiciled planes that's not uncommon.
Ive got a really low last 4 SSN. I don’t want to commute and can drive to NYC. It seems like the AE pretty much opened NYC and I’m guessing most of the constraints on base are now focused more on how the training department can churn out FO’s. How likely is it to get a NYC slot in drop even with a really low last 4 SSN?

-Bubs
Old 02-14-2020, 04:32 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: Fastest Hunk of Junk in the Galaxy

Originally Posted by P-3Bubba View Post
Ive got a really low last 4 SSN. I don’t want to commute and can drive to NYC. It seems like the AE pretty much opened NYC and I’m guessing most of the constraints on base are now focused more on how the training department can churn out FO’s. How likely is it to get a NYC slot in drop even with a really low last 4 SSN?

-Bubs
As close as you can get to guaranteed as this business allows.

There are a couple things that vastly alter your QoL at any airline: In base vs commute, WB vs NB, and category seniority. NYC offers a significant boost in seniority due to its extremely low desirability and I've never once heard somebody complain about being stuck in SLC (or any other base for that matter) and unable to get to NYC.
Old 02-14-2020, 04:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
As close as you can get to guaranteed as this business allows.

There are a couple things that vastly alter your QoL at any airline: In base vs commute, WB vs NB, and category seniority. NYC offers a significant boost in seniority due to its extremely low desirability and I've never once heard somebody complain about being stuck in SLC (or any other base for that matter) and unable to get to NYC.
Ha! That’s funny. Yeah. I can drive from my house to NYC. That’s my best bet.

-Bubs
Old 02-14-2020, 09:01 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by cle82 View Post
They also have unlimited short call and airport ready reserve. You can't just cherry pick the good while ignoring the absolutely awful. Looking at the overall package, the reserve rules are terrible there. Yes, I want 1 hr SCC above guarantee, but I'm not willing to do airport reserve for it.
Negotiations are not a cut and paste from someone else’s book. If you like a certain point you ask for that. Maybe the company asks for a different point out of another book. Or a new idea completely. It’s not an all or nothing system.

So yeah, you can cherry pick.