DAL Class drops

Subscribe
279  329  369  375  376  377  378  379  380  381  382  383  389 
Page 379 of 390
Go to
Quote: poor new hires? A few months on the 88 before they have no seat lock and go to whatever category they can hold in the system. Plus can bid again whenever they want if they don’t like the plane they went to through the displacement.
Yup! Choosing the 88 is like being handed a blank check.

With the # of new hires arriving in 2020, when the displacement ultimately comes you’ll be able to write that check for whatever aircraft and base you want that any of the hundreds of NHs behind you have gotten in their drop.

You’ll also have the benefit of hindsight to see where seniority is trending and make your choice and slide right in through the displacement.

And you’ll have the T-shirt for having flown a true McDonnell Douglas product.
I think the 2/10 Class rebid their awards the first day, do you know if the 2/18 class got an second email with all those options? I’m 2/24 and we were give NYC 220/320/717/737 and ATL 88. I’m starting to regret my order after reading about the 88.
Quote: I think the 2/10 Class rebid their awards the first day, do you know if the 2/18 class got an second email with all those options? I’m 2/24 and we were give NYC 220/320/717/737 and ATL 88. I’m starting to regret my order after reading about the 88.
2/18 class rebid and have airplane assignments. I would imagine 2/24 will get a email soon to rebid. I come in March and still waiting to bid.
Anyone have an idea if NYC 7ER will be going to new hires for awhile? How many went vacant in the last AE? I'm in a March class, and trying to get as much info as possible. Thanks!
There's like 100+ openings or so.

I think 90 straight up vacancy and a lot of guys who bid off.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Quote: It's an airplane, old with crazy vnav and a lotta MELs everytime you go out. But it's just a plane and first year pay is the same as everything else.

As others have said, the MD that'll come with it will offer a lot of options.
I don’t often have MELs on the Dog. You should quit breaking things.
Quote: I don’t often have MELs on the Dog. You should quit breaking things.
You don't break Douglas airplane; Douglas airplane breaks you!
Quote: You don't break Douglas airplane; Douglas airplane breaks you!
Ain’t that the truth.
Quote: I can't believe they are still putting new hires on the 88/90. It will be only about 20 MD 90's flying this time next year..Those poor guys will barely get out of training and be displaced.
They backed themselves into a corner. Last class in 2018 that got MD88s was June 4 2018. Then just to make sure the category was completely screwed they displaced the few off the bottom who still had seat locks and recalled them. Which erased their seat lock.

So they had a category nobody wants, with no seniority movement, and now no seat locks...

They didn’t have a choice, finally had to start putting new hires on it or there wouldn’t have been any copilots. 84hr ALV in March...
Quote: They didn’t have a choice, finally had to start putting new hires on it or there wouldn’t have been any copilots. 84hr ALV in March...
It makes me scratch my head with the high ALV and TLV (91:30!!) because reserves were projected over 20% and thus given an extra X-day. Who here can read the tea leaves better than?
279  329  369  375  376  377  378  379  380  381  382  383  389 
Page 379 of 390
Go to