VA approved Part 61??

Subscribe
So of all the places I have done research and learned how they operate...I dumbed across Walla Walla University who offer 2, 4 year degrees and a 2 year degree through their flight program. They are however the first school I have found that is VA approved for Part 61 training. Does anyone have any more insight into how it works as their website really doesn't have much detail. TIA and happy flying.
What did they say when you called them? Seems suspicious.
Its a legit operation. I haven't been able to get in touch with many people lately as they are short staffed and always flying but the email i did recieve stated that it was just like a 141 only without the set schedule. Seems a bit odd myself that why I am still doing some digging. I dont know if it has anything to do with it but they are highly close with the 7th day Adventist Church so I wouldn't know if that me be a factor in it as well. That part kind of steers me away from it a bit just because I am the furthest thing from religious.
I'd ask the VA first if they're even approved. Never heard of a non 141 school with va benefits.
Could be the classes are paid for, which they would be any way since it is a higher learning institution, but the flight time is not. I have never heard of somebody using the GI Bill at a part 61 program.
Nor have I which is why I thought I would ask bc it seemed odd to me as well. They have a really legit flight program but I was just so lost when they said VA approved Part 61.
Quote: Could be the classes are paid for, which they would be any way since it is a higher learning institution, but the flight time is not. I have never heard of somebody using the GI Bill at a part 61 program.
VA can pay for part 61 flight school but there's a cap of around 12,500 per year. If you were to attend an associates program connected to a part 141 flight school then your flight training would be fully covered and you would get E5 BAH at that school location. However, even among schools that provide associates program some will not pay for your PPL while others will. The laws have changed recently and some schools have been able to get a work around while others have not.
Make sure they can explain in excruciating detail precisely how every aspect of your training program is linked to VA funding, or not. Poorly informed flight school VA program managers can really screw up your VA benies and finances.
Yeah I have given up on this school for the simple fact that they don't have all their info together and it scares me to commit elsewhere. I have chosen a new school and start this Spring.