Upgrade time at Republic?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
Buddy of mine is looking to re-enter the arena after a hiatus.
6000+ TT and has been PIC on a jet before.
What are the current upgrade times at Republic?
Can't find it with the usual sources.
Currently 3+ years. If current attrition/hiring continues, 2.5 years for new hires. YMMV
It's unpredictable, but as was mentioned, we've been losing captains and some senior FOs to the majors at a rate of about 30 a month. We've been hiring about the same, or more per month. If that continues (and with the majors hiring plans for 2017, it likely will) it will be a 2.5 year upgrade. I've been here about 9 months and with the current attrition, I have about 20 months to go to upgrade.
Quote: Buddy of mine is looking to re-enter the arena after a hiatus.
6000+ TT and has been PIC on a jet before.
What are the current upgrade times at Republic?
Can't find it with the usual sources.
If they shrink (as is expected), it could be 5 years.
Quote: If they shrink (as is expected), it could be 5 years.
As planned? That's news to me. You guys get the inside scoop at Piedmont huh?
Quote: As planned? That's news to me. You guys get the inside scoop at Piedmont huh?
He's Envoy.

EDIT: But the amount of "discussion" he brings to the PDT thread would leave anyone to make a similar mistake.
Forgive me for being ignorant but is it strictly seniority or is there a fast track if you have the times, previous jet PIC and know what you're doing most of the time?
Quote: He's Envoy.

EDIT: But the amount of "discussion" he brings to the PDT thread would leave anyone to make a similar mistake.
Haha yeah, fooled me.
Quote: Forgive me for being ignorant but is it strictly seniority or is there a fast track if you have the times, previous jet PIC and know what you're doing most of the time?
Not an ignorant question. It's all seniority based.
Quote: Forgive me for being ignorant but is it strictly seniority or is there a fast track if you have the times, previous jet PIC and know what you're doing most of the time?

The only fast track to PIC in the airlines is a DEC (Direct Entry Captain) position. I think the only ones hiring DECs is Gojet and maybe PDT soon. There are 3-4 FOs that are still waiting patiently to upgrade here.
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to