Keeping a CFI

Subscribe
Trying to get a feel for this. What do I need a CFI for? Do I really need to keep it?

Background:

Retired military, obtained the CFI from the FAA's military equivalency test. It was one more checkbox filled in for airlineapps.com. Made the transition to a regional to get some recency of experience and have been fortunate to be picked up by a mainline carrier. I have never instructed as a civilian, all military IP time.

Pro for keeping it:

1) Better to keep than lose it since maintaining it is simply a weekend seminar. Lose it and it's a check ride.
2)

Cons:

1) The only way to 'use' it would be to moonlight as an instructor.
2) Student failure, despite the best work of a CFI, reflects on the CFI's record.
3) In house instructors for a carrier are not required to have a CFI? That is taken care of by the company? I am not sure if that is true.

Is there a reason to keep a CFI if there is no likely reason to instruct? The last seminar I attended to renew it is best summed up as a weekend I won't get back.

Comments? Thoughts? Advice?
My personal take is that there are too many super cheap and easy ways to renew it online that why wouldn't I? i never plan on using mine again but also never plan on letting it expire....
American Flyers, pay once renew for life.
Quote: American Flyers, pay once renew for life.
+1 for American flyers!
They do sucky sucky in that you need to spend a certain amount of time per page.
Apparently they expect your reading speed to be at retard level.
Some spent a fair amount of time, energy, and money to get it, and take care not to lose it. I suppose that if someone had it given to them, it might not mean so much.

Keep it if you want, lose it if you want. It doesn't sound like you care.
+1 for American Flyers. I've been extremely happy with them