Myidtravel question (American)

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
The myIDtravel listing definitely works for jumpseating on AA internationally, but ONLY if you are on AA's international jumpseat list. Unless it's changed, that includes mostly major/legacy and cargo carriers, but not most regionals.
Quote: I recommend everyone use AA internationally, since you don't really have to explain to a foreign agent what you are trying to do, you're already listed.
AA is terrible to travel on internationally unless you are part of the AA family of mainline and wholly owned regionals. I travel abroad frequently and don't even bother with them anymore despite the fact my non-wholly owned flies for them. I've had first or business class on UAL and DAL every single time I've used them. And that has always been given to me by just showing up at the ticket counter and explaining I'm a pilot non-reving back to the States. We non-wholly owned people can't even list for a better seat on AA and I wish anyone the best of luck sweet talking your way into one. AA used to not even allow many other airlines to non-rev internationally. That may have changed with the merger but I doubt it as they seem to be allowing the worst practices of the two to survive going forward. My objective 2 cents for what it's worth.
Quote: AA is terrible to travel on internationally unless you are part of the AA family of mainline and wholly owned regionals. I travel abroad frequently and don't even bother with them anymore despite the fact my non-wholly owned flies for them. I've had first or business class on UAL and DAL every single time I've used them. And that has always been given to me by just showing up at the ticket counter and explaining I'm a pilot non-reving back to the States. We non-wholly owned people can't even list for a better seat on AA and I wish anyone the best of luck sweet talking your way into one. AA used to not even allow many other airlines to non-rev internationally. That may have changed with the merger but I doubt it as they seem to be allowing the worst practices of the two to survive going forward. My objective 2 cents for what it's worth.
Oh yea, I came from that mess. American was some of the worst experiences non revving for me. I avoid them like the plague, but this time I might be forced to take them if there are no other options.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to