Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Pilot Lounge > Hangar Talk
Your Opinion On 9/11 Piloting >

Your Opinion On 9/11 Piloting

Search
Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Your Opinion On 9/11 Piloting

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 08:29 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2016
Default Your Opinion On 9/11 Piloting

Hi,
I am not a pilot. I worked across the street from World Trade on 9/11, and witnessed the whole thing.

One thing has bothered me about the official narrative....and that is how plausible is it that the hijackers, with no actual flight experience in commercial jet aircraft (other than simulators) could line up on the buildings, while moving at 》500 knots, and score perfect, direct hits.

It seems to me, going that fast, the slightest incorrect variance in the flight path would end up in a miss...and that the buildings were, in context, a mighty small target to hit at that speed. But, what do I know, since like I said, I am not a pilot.

So, the question has bothered me ever since. What do you folks say? Was it an amazing feat of flying for people with nothing but simulator time to pull off the direct hits? Or, is it plausible that one could do it, with so little training and experience?
Old 11-02-2016, 08:32 AM
Squawking 2000

Joined APC: Jul 2015
Position: Skeptical

Buildings are big and 500 knots isn't that fast.

That's about as much time as needs be spent on this topic.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:02 AM
Layover Master

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Seated

Could you drive your car into a telephone poll at 55mph with no obstacles impeding you? Not a whole lot of difference.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:20 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Sleeping in the black swan’s nest.

Rosie O'Donnell planned the 9/11 attacks. She also conspired to have the WTC buildings made out of plastic because we all know you can't melt steel. (Like with heat, like when they make it.)
Old 11-02-2016, 09:32 AM
China Visa Applicant

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Midfield downwind

No, it was not an amazing feat of flying.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:13 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2014
Position: EZ on rudders, not a C-130...

Originally Posted by dkirkwood View Post
Hi,
I am not a pilot. I worked across the street from World Trade on 9/11, and witnessed the whole thing.

One thing has bothered me about the official narrative....and that is how plausible is it that the hijackers, with no actual flight experience in commercial jet aircraft (other than simulators) could line up on the buildings, while moving at 》500 knots, and score perfect, direct hits.

But, what do I know, since like I said, I am not a pilot.

So, the question has bothered me ever since. What do you folks say? Was it an amazing feat of flying for people with nothing but simulator time to pull off the direct hits? Or, is it plausible that one could do it, with so little training and experience?

Go spend 30 bucks on a flight simulator and try it yourself. That's what they did to "practice."

Not sure if I am ****ed off at this thread or not.
Old 11-02-2016, 05:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: C47 PIC/747-400 SIC

I am ...........
Old 11-02-2016, 07:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: A-320

I think it would be fairly easy for a non pilot. Try it on Microsoft flight simulator. Now the 270 degree corkscrew descending turn into the Pentagon, that would take quite a bit of skill.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Volleyball Player

I just want to know when I can get in on all of these conspiracies, the chemtrails, 9/11, the climate change coverup. Unfortunately, no one has approached me, so it's not just a cover-up, it's like a triple-cover up using secret double agent lizard overlords!
Old 11-02-2016, 10:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Pilots for 9/11 Truth I feel raises some very good questions and has done quite a bit of research. It also boasts an extensive members list who are extremely qualified. In turn there are many 9/11 groups/organizations for almost all professions involved that day from Firefighters, Police, Military members, you name it. There are enormous things about 9/11 that without question don't add up to what the "official story" was.

For the typical knee-jerk reactionaries that are going to flame - go right ahead. I could care less. The bottom line is I can look at the evidence, ask questions and critically think. I can assure you all if you actually look at the evidence vs what "supposedly happened" you don't have to be very smart to clearly see the glaring contradictions and discrepancies.

Carry on.