American Application Question

Subscribe
Greetings All,

I have two questions.

The first question is about the Current Type check box in the application. I want to make sure that I understand it correctly. If I have a type rating for a certain aircraft and I am current in that aircraft, then I check the box. But, if I have a type rating for a certain aircraft and I am not current in that aircraft, then I do not check that box. Is that correct? I just want to make 100% sure.

The second question is more of a general one. I fly for a very small operation right now. My supervisor is the company owner. I'm inclined to say 'no' to them contacting my current employer. Are there any negative consequences of this? I don't mind if they call my current employer as the last step if I am hired. At this point, I'm not ready for my current employer to know I'm looking.

Thanks,
Quote: Greetings All,

I have two questions.

The first question is about the Current Type check box in the application. I want to make sure that I understand it correctly. If I have a type rating for a certain aircraft and I am current in that aircraft, then I check the box. But, if I have a type rating for a certain aircraft and I am not current in that aircraft, then I do not check that box. Is that correct? I just want to make 100% sure.

The second question is more of a general one. I fly for a very small operation right now. My supervisor is the company owner. I'm inclined to say 'no' to them contacting my current employer. Are there any negative consequences of this? I don't mind if they call my current employer as the last step if I am hired. At this point, I'm not ready for my current employer to know I'm looking.

Thanks,
They will not be contacting any employer until after a job offer... definitely not in the application or interview process. No worries there.