Military guys taking advantage?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to
Quote:
But I was asked about my reserve status and how I intended to have it not interfere with Southwest's training and schedules.
Water under the bridge at this point but not sure that's a "legal" question for an interviewer to ask.
Quote: What a joke. At my airline, especially back in the day of the "B" scale, ... I'm ex-military myself but I'm no apologist for this "un-gentlemanly" behavior.
My company actually released a FCIF asking military pilots who could leave to do so to help mitigate a furlough? Do you feel that companies were scamming the system too?

What about when companies furloughed pilots and they went on orders to pay the bills? Do they "owe" the company a return at first notice?

Companies have also benefited from their employee's military service and by being part of the CRAF. They just don't like not having control.

Krudawg, sorry for how you were treated upon your return! Thank you for your service!
Why admire the grass next door when that neighbor is off protecting your right to have an opinion? Just say "Thank You!!" and do your job.
I've always been in favor of military hires, it makes for a bigger seniority list, opportunities, etc. There must be some ratio, say 1.3 military hires needed for every new hire training slot. Crew planning needs warm bodies to feed the crew sked beast (reserve), and military new hires will often miss reserve days for guard duty, etc. Result is more interviews and bigger list. Just glad they keep hiring military!
The whole gist of this thread reads as bs to me. Sounds like the creator is a little jealous. Yawn...hope this dies soon
Quote: The whole gist of this thread reads as bs to me. Sounds like the creator is a little jealous. Yawn...hope this dies soon
Shack. Bringing out my inner Jack Nicholson:

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to."
Quote: Shack. Bringing out my inner Jack Nicholson:

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to."
Oh stop it. You sound like John Wayne
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to