Winter Ops Quesiton

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
ATTEN Mods. I am posting this here to get more visibility for pilots who would know the answer.

In regards to Cold Weather Restricted Airport procedures as outlined in AIM 7-2-3 and NOTAM GEN16001, what is an approved method for interpolation?

For example, runway 15 into KBTV. When crossing FOVES (the FAF) outbound prior to beginning the procedure turn, the minimum altitude is 2,400 ft MSL which is 2,065 ft above the airport. The altimeter correction table in AIM 7-2-3 only has options for 2,000 feet or 3,000 feet above the airport. Does anyone know what the FAA wants us to use? I know that the most conservative option is to use the 3,000 ft column, but that seems extreme for only being slightly above the 2,000 ft column.
Quote: ATTEN Mods. I am posting this here to get more visibility for pilots who would know the answer.

In regards to Cold Weather Restricted Airport procedures as outlined in AIM 7-2-3 and NOTAM GEN16001, what is an approved method for interpolation?

For example, runway 15 into KBTV. When crossing FOVES (the FAF) outbound prior to beginning the procedure turn, the minimum altitude is 2,400 ft MSL which is 2,065 ft above the airport. The altimeter correction table in AIM 7-2-3 only has options for 2,000 feet or 3,000 feet above the airport. Does anyone know what the FAA wants us to use? I know that the most conservative option is to use the 3,000 ft column, but that seems extreme for only being slightly above the 2,000 ft column.
Lots of great information/discussion here:

http://forums.*************.com/showthread.php?111215-Cold-Temperature-Restricted-Airports

http://forums.*************.com/showthread.php?100456-Cold-Temperature-Restricted-Airports-Mandatory-Compliance-Is-Coming

http://forums.*************.com/showthread.php?94730-Mandatory-Cold-Temperature-Compensation
This might sound stupid, but do you have the Temp Comp function on your FMS? Makes the dissemination of numbers monumentally easier.....
Quote: This might sound stupid, but do you have the Temp Comp function on your FMS? Makes the dissemination of numbers monumentally easier.....
Nope. Just one of those crappy FMS units that they only charge $90,000 for.
BPWI,

I suspect only Bombardier has temp comp in the FMS, haven't seen it even on the B777.

GF
Quote: BPWI,

I suspect only Bombardier has temp comp in the FMS, haven't seen it even on the B777.

GF

That's interesting. The E170/175 has that capability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Suggest linear interpolation.

GF
The OP didn't state what he was flying, but it's surprising to me that any corporate aircraft over a useful range of 5k didn't inherit that function. Only had to use it a handful of times, but sure is handy when needed.
Learning something new everyday-

GF

Most Gulfstreams have this feature.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GF
It's been in the Falcon 900LX since 2012. It's also in our G650's. I'm sure it's in a lot of business aircraft.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to