New Hire Details

Subscribe
23  29  30  31  32  33 
Page 33 of 33
Go to
Quote: What do you mean hoping for early Jan? Can they move you up a class if people drop out? How'd you go about setting that up?
Years ago guys would travel to DFW and get a hotel room near the Flight Academy “if someone no shows I’ll be there in ten minutes.”

I don’t know if that’s accepted or frowned upon now.
Quote: Years ago guys would travel to DFW and get a hotel room near the Flight Academy “if someone no shows I’ll be there in ten minutes.”

I don’t know if that’s accepted or frowned upon now.
Back in 2014 I was scheduled for the second class of the month and at my drug testing, in CLT, I let them know I could make an earlier class if it was available...sitting on my flight home that afternoon she called and I moved up a class. Got me about 30 numbers bc of the move. Not sure how it rolls in DFW though these days or who you would even tell, but I was face to face with this lady and it worked!
Quote: and just to clarify for a Jan class guy....you only need 1 flight not 2, correct?
The commuter policy only requires you to have one flight, which has "Adequate actual seat availability within twenty-four (24) hours of departure for online flights".
Quote:
AA seems pretty squared away with their new hire scheduling, anybody not show to class last minute? I am scheduled for late Jan, hoping for early Jan.
I don't think you'll get moved up to an earlier class. My first call for an interview was on a Friday telling me that a spot had opened up for an interview the following Tuesday, and could I make it (you bet). I later found out that I was slotted for the following interview date, but when they had an opened, they realized I was within driving distance to DFW so I was the first one they called to take the slot.
During the interview (which was in December), the HR rep asked me if I was available for a February class. Based on my interview call, I said not only was I available for February, but if a spot opened in the January class I could be there with less than a days notice. She appreciated the effort but said that something like that wasn't possible.
That may have changed, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
Clint, thanks.
Quote: The commuter policy only requires you to have one flight, which has "Adequate actual seat availability within twenty-four (24) hours of departure for online flights".

I don't think you'll get moved up to an earlier class. My first call for an interview was on a Friday telling me that a spot had opened up for an interview the following Tuesday, and could I make it (you bet). I later found out that I was slotted for the following interview date, but when they had an opened, they realized I was within driving distance to DFW so I was the first one they called to take the slot.
During the interview (which was in December), the HR rep asked me if I was available for a February class. Based on my interview call, I said not only was I available for February, but if a spot opened in the January class I could be there with less than a days notice. She appreciated the effort but said that something like that wasn't possible.
That may have changed, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
The Borg need time to assimilate all of your paperwork before you show up. A last minute class addition makes HR have to work a lot harder than they’re used to get you into the system so they prefer to avoid last minute additions as much as possible.
Hired Jan 2017. I offered to standby for noshows in the Nov16 class and they said they don’t do that anymore.
Quote: Hired Jan 2017. I offered to standby for noshows in the Nov16 class and they said they don’t do that anymore.
Welcome! A good way to start the new year.
23  29  30  31  32  33 
Page 33 of 33
Go to