Skywest guys: Did this Capt do us a dirty?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 5 of 9
Go to
Never mind. I should have read whole thread.
Quote: Good thoughtful reply....thanks.

And I would've loved to have flown RJs. I flew metroliners and J-31s. No autopilot, no lav, no FA....
If you're truly interested I can refer you to HR.... We'll split the sign-on bonus.
to the OP:

I agree in principle that the crews should do whatever is REASONABLE to help out the non-revs.

If you honestly believe the captain should have bumped REVENUE pax or bags, or requested a fuel stop, to allow NON-REVS on, then you have no clue.

Think about where your paycheck comes from.
Quote: Or perhaps it was the gate agents that just blamed the captain for their decision?

This

Some of us, including some of my colleagues at UAL as well, get lazy and stop being captains and let others operate our plane for us and dictate everything to us.
Quite a few guys, have been commuters, most will go out of their way to get non-revs onboard, I have. If you get lazy about non-revs, other stuff isn't far behind, being a Captain means you have to know what is in your wheelhouse and what isn't. 20 years later I still go up into the gate area to check for JSers.
Quote: Yes very dumb to bump paying pax. But who the h*!! said anything about bumping revenue pax? I guess in today's environment you have to be so explicit to the minute detail you cannot make your point understood.
what I said was paying passengers shti.....as in their stuff. It was censored by the site. Yes, it's dumb to remove paying passengers stuff for non revs.
Quote: Better question is why is he complaining on here? Instead he could be emailing his JS rep.
What is his rep going to do? call the captain and yell at him? Think about how ridiculous that sounds.
Quote: lol........
I would have at least given it a shot. The worse they could do is laugh in your face.
Quote:
At UAL, cockpit jumpseaters are included in the BOW, so they can never be bumped for weight limits.
Pretty sure thats only for UAL pilots and not offline
Whatever decision the captain makes is final. He is in charge of that aircraft. The final authority of that aircraft.

This thread disrespects captain authority all across the industry.
That would be pretty good to see the faces on the United execs when they'd be told one of their contract airlines was late because they made a fuel stop to get nonrevs on
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 5 of 9
Go to