Envoy

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 08:25 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Sep 2017

Originally Posted by Av8tor6743 View Post
Only 6 are loggable at ATP-CTP Jets
I sent you a pm
Thanks for that, is that the same at CAE?

PM'ed you
Old 09-24-2017, 08:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: Right Seat - Low Wing

Originally Posted by SlatsOut View Post
Thanks for that, is that the same at CAE?

PM'ed you
1-Envoy told me I could log all sim time from the atp/ctp.
2-The instructor I had at CAE said I could NOT log it towards my total time.

Does anyone know the answer to this? If #2 is correct then I'm going to be short on ours for the checkride
Old 09-24-2017, 08:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by yeahbutstill View Post

Does anyone know the answer to this? If #2 is correct then I'm going to be short on ours for the checkride
I'm almost positive thats incorrect. Do you have previous logged sim time? If so, then that may be why the CAE guy said that b/c I think you're only allowed X hours of sim time towards your TT. However even if you're short, the 10 days or so that they send you home for CBT I'm sure you can rent a 172 from somewhere for the few hours you still might need. Anyone know when they check your logbook, if its at the end then doing a couple hours during CBT would work since the checkride should be the last thing you'll be doing at training.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015

Originally Posted by yeahbutstill View Post

Read the regs folks. Sim time is not flight time hence it cannot be logged toward total time in aircraft. Sim time can credited toward your time required for ATP (1500 hrs). I logged 12 hrs at CAE. Started at Envoy with 947 hrs total time in aircraft.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mketch11 View Post
Read the regs folks. Sim time is not flight time hence it cannot be logged toward total time in aircraft. Sim time can credited toward your time required for ATP (1500 hrs). I logged 12 hrs at CAE. Started at Envoy with 947 hrs total time in aircraft.
Thanks,
PM'ed you
Old 09-24-2017, 09:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by 3GreenKSNA View Post
I know I can't be forced to go to ORD but I can be forced into reserve at DFW if a ton of lines go away.
Is the below correct:
Involuntary TDY, get to bid on whatever my seniority can hold.

Voluntary TDY: reserve?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Essentially you are correct on TDY. The only correction I would give is Voluntary TDY you bid last. So ORD/(HomeBase/involuntary)TDY all bid group 1 according to seniority. Voluntary TDY group bids next according to seniority.

Voluntary TDY doesn't automatically put you as reserve it's just what typically happens. Normally I wouldn't split hairs like this but our company is about to force guys from FO to CA.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by Pedro4President View Post
Essentially you are correct on TDY. The only correction I would give is Voluntary TDY you bid last. So ORD/(HomeBase/involuntary)TDY all bid group 1 according to seniority. Voluntary TDY group bids next according to seniority.

Voluntary TDY doesn't automatically put you as reserve it's just what typically happens. Normally I wouldn't split hairs like this but our company is about to force guys from FO to CA.
Are you saying as a fact that the company is forcing FO's to captain, or are you simply floating a possibility?

Do you really think they would not look at other options rather than having someone sitting in the left seat that
A) just doesn't want to be there; or
B) has been holding off because they don't feel comfortable upgrading for one reason or another?

im pretty sure the company would be discussing alternative options with the union.

It doesn't make financial sense to send someone through a long term course only to get 6-8 months use out of them before flowing.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:32 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: Right Seat - Low Wing

Originally Posted by mketch11 View Post
Ok this makes sense. I am good then.
Thanks!!
Old 09-24-2017, 09:37 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2016

If you guys start to count sim time as flight time...then I'm counting my evenings with my blow up doll as romantic encounters. All of a sudden I feel like a boss.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by HardLemonade View Post
If you guys start to count sim time as flight time...then I'm counting my evenings with my blow up doll as romantic encounters. All of a sudden I feel like a boss.
Hahahahaha, as long as it counts toward your 1500