Notices
Envoy Airlines Regional Airline

Envoy

Old 11-05-2017, 08:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Originally Posted by Shadre Reevis View Post
This is incorrect. It's the same as any other prior 121 interview. The difference is in how they review your previous airline training records. They need to know that you can pass captain training since you'll probably be a captain in 2 months...

Hmm...that's not what a recruiter told me. I was told it was an extensive review of your records plus a more thorough tech interview. Perhaps they changed that?
Old 11-05-2017, 08:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by bigtime209 View Post
Hmm...that's not what a recruiter told me. I was told it was an extensive review of your records plus a more thorough tech interview. Perhaps they changed that?
I guess so, I had zero technical questions, but also an excellent training record.. They did say they have the right to do a technical review if they felt the need, so don"t go in unprepared just because you have 121 time.
Old 11-05-2017, 09:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017
Position: EMB-145

Is Qualified Upgrade training now AQP on the 145? And if so is it a R12 or a R24 recurrent?
Old 11-05-2017, 10:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: EMB145 CA

Originally Posted by TeeRainPULup View Post
Is Qualified Upgrade training now AQP on the 145? And if so is it a R12 or a R24 recurrent?
QUG is 121
Old 11-05-2017, 10:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

So what's the deal? Is there a 40K bonus or not? Do you have to pass a more in depth interview to get it and if you don't they won't tell you you didn't qualify for the money but they still hire you? That doesn't even make sense, what's actually going on?
Old 11-05-2017, 11:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by 1337pilot View Post
So what's the deal? Is there a 40K bonus or not? Do you have to pass a more in depth interview to get it and if you don't they won't tell you you didn't qualify for the money but they still hire you? That doesn't even make sense, what's actually going on?
All of these questions have already been answered... Since you can't be bothered to read, get your answers from here. There are plenty of recruiters ready to help you.

https://www.envoyair.com/recruiter-contacts/
Old 11-05-2017, 12:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

All of these questions have already been answered... Since you can't be bothered to read, get your answers from here. There are plenty of recruiters ready to help you.

Was just trying to get a straight answer. The thread is filled one guy claiming he was "tricked" and some people saying everyone with 800 hours gets it and others saying they give you a more in depth interview rather than the meet and greet they advertise on the side. Was hoping someone had a definitive answer.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Damn Gina !
Old 11-05-2017, 12:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006

Here are the examples I know of personally:

1) Pilot with >800 prior 121 completes normal interview process--HR only, no tech, no sim. Is offered and accepts the written CJO. One week before class, receives email and additional contract for the HVA bonus, provided he can provide all prior 121 training records. He happens to have them, emails them to recruiting, and then collects additional $23K check on day one. (This was me.)

2) Pilot with >800 prior 121 completes the normal interview process--HR only, no tech, no sim. Before receiving written CJO, receives email asking if he is interested in the HVA bonus, provided he can provide all prior 121 training records. He does not have them, and one airline has since gone extinct. Replies to recruiting explaining predicament and asking for guidance. Has not heard back, and emails have gone unreturned. Two months after interview, still has no class date. (This is a coworker at my place of prior employement.)

3) Pilot with >800 prior 121 completes the normal interview process--HR only, no tech, no sim. Receives CJO, shows up to class. Doesn't know anything about any HVA bonus until speaking with others in class. Asks recruiting why he wasn't eligible, is told he doesn't qualify because he didn't complete the required "special" interview process. (This is someone from my new hire class.)

Sorry, but it seems I don't have a "definitive" answer either.
Old 11-05-2017, 02:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

You must receive an email sent directly to you, from recruiting, explicitly stating that you are being considered for the additional bonus.

You need 800 hrs of 121 time and zero checkride failures.

If you didn't get that email, then you are aren't eligible. It is pretty simple.