Search
Notices
Envoy Airlines Regional Airline

Envoy

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 02:56 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2015

Is this rumor will the announcement be on the last day of summer? When would that put the vacancy? How about when the base opens? I’ll bet we merge before la happens
Old 12-05-2017, 03:19 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Originally Posted by BizJet View Post
Depends on if we, PSA, can staff the aircraft. We're having issues with MX, their contract and crew efficiencies on the pilot side.

Personally, I think they will stay with y'all a bit longer then planned. Plus we're getting the hanger queens. Not that I blame y'all for keeping the good tails till last.

AAG wants them over at PSA ASAP. But PSA is throttling the transfers and AAG is slowly getting more annoyed from what I've heard via union all calls and MX guys.

Thanks for the insight. My class date is this summer. Got my eyes on the 700 (already CL-65 typed) ORD is an easy commute for me.
Old 12-05-2017, 05:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by mothergoose View Post
Thanks for the insight. My class date is this summer. Got my eyes on the 700 (already CL-65 typed) ORD is an easy commute for me.
Expect PSA to start taking planes at 2 or more a month starting early 2018. It will accelerate as there are fewer and fewer left. There are 27 700s left at Envoy now. They will all be at PSA in 2018.

Not a troll post. Envoy is getting additional airplanes and the CRJ pilots will go on to the new aircraft. PSA has had full classes for a couple months and has more than enough pilots.

Last edited by daOldMan; 12-05-2017 at 05:40 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2015

And what is your source old man? Curious because that’s a lot of fiber to eat.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by BizJet View Post
Depends on if we, PSA, can staff the aircraft. We're having issues with MX, their contract and crew efficiencies on the pilot side.

Personally, I think they will stay with y'all a bit longer then planned. Plus we're getting the hanger queens. Not that I blame y'all for keeping the good tails till last.

AAG wants them over at PSA ASAP. But PSA is throttling the transfers and AAG is slowly getting more annoyed from what I've heard via union all calls and MX guys.
Funny you say that about hangar queens...the tails that are down constantly are actually hanging around. We've had two or three that have needed multiple FCFs to get back to revenue service, and then more things keep going wrong. Y'all are getting our good 700s!
Old 12-05-2017, 06:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by daOldMan View Post
Expect PSA to start taking planes at 2 or more a month starting early 2018. It will accelerate as there are fewer and fewer left. There are 27 700s left at Envoy now. They will all be at PSA in 2018.

Not a troll post. Envoy is getting additional airplanes and the CRJ pilots will go on to the new aircraft. PSA has had full classes for a couple months and has more than enough pilots.
This has been the plan from the beginning, and, well, we all know how reliable plans are here. It has always been the plan to send two a month - the CRJs were supposed to be gone by now. My philosophy (though not nearly as fun as rumors and speculation) is to see what happens. When whatever happens happens, it will be the truth.

Btw if you want rumors, I've heard from several reliable sources a very different story from what you posit. I've also heard from separate reliable sources that your information is accurate. Seems like no one knows what's really going on, eh?
Old 12-05-2017, 06:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by Ijustlikeflying View Post

Actually, you must be new because to think that AAG cares about feelings and where they want their planes flying is ridiculous. Just because they were supposed to originally come to us, doesn’t mean they are rightfully ours. AAG will place any of their aircraft with the most cost effective/profitable option. Maybe that’s us, maybe it’s not. Last I checked, the pilots at Envoy don’t sit in on fleet planning meetings, so how would you know anyways. All I’m saying is we are more likely to open probably 5other bases before we go opening LA.
Why would AA keep those 175s at Compass when Envoy, a WO, can do that flying? Not to mention all the rumors of failed attempts at trying to end that contract early by AMR. Also you sound very adamant and against a LAX base, at least from your tone. Why? Who cares if they open one or not.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:54 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Knobcrk1 View Post
Why would AA keep those 175s at Compass when Envoy, a WO, can do that flying? Not to mention all the rumors of failed attempts at trying to end that contract early by AMR. Also you sound very adamant and against a LAX base, at least from your tone. Why? Who cares if they open one or not.
The Compass contract ends in 2020. Three years from now might as well be dog years in the airline world. It's pointless to speculate that far in the future imo.
Old 12-05-2017, 07:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Pawn

Originally Posted by mothergoose View Post
How long will the CRJ700s be around with Envoy?
Until PSA can sign a concessionary contract to take them faster. 😜
Old 12-05-2017, 07:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by Jersdawg View Post
Funny you say that about hangar queens...the tails that are down constantly are actually hanging around. We've had two or three that have needed multiple FCFs to get back to revenue service, and then more things keep going wrong. Y'all are getting our good 700s!
Haha. It seems the trouble aircraft for myself have been newer AE tails. I've had one do an partial aileron seizure on me and another the packs were some how reversed. As in you requested 26° and it gave you -20°.

On the transfer we've heard AAG wants 2/3 a month starting in Jan. However, our Prez wants to keep it at 1 a month. So I'm curious on who will win out. AAG or PSA