Now LCC Pacific Rim

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
"Get ready to squeeze on board for low-cost flights between the U.S. and Asia.
Malaysian budget carrier AirAsia says it's gotten the all clear from U.S. authorities to fly its jetliners to American airports -- the first low-cost Asian airline to do so."
First it was the Latin American routes, then last year the Atlantic routes, and 2017 brings the Pacific LCC.
How the legacies are going to continue to keep market share is unclear to me. Flying to Brazil and the south seems to be going more to Azul than AA and Europe flying looks like it's going to be under increasing pressures over the next decade.
Now with Asia opening up to the new business model I can't help but think this is very bad news for the big3.
The big3 never believed people would sit for 4 hours without water and snacks. Now it's being done in excess of 7 hrs. My bet is for the right price many people will pack in for 14 hrs. to get across the Pacific.
Was there a question somewhere in here?
Does there have to be a question?
I wish there was a place pilots could post information to keep each other aware of industry news... hmmm.
As a passenger, I'd happily pay 25% or more less and bring my own food and my iPad. There is no question that times are changing. It's going to be an interesting decade.
Quote: As a passenger, I'd happily pay 25% or more less and bring my own food and my iPad. There is no question that times are changing. It's going to be an interesting decade.
This^^
Keep your water and salty snack, I'll keep my 400$.
Quote: Does there have to be a question?
I wish there was a place pilots could post information to keep each other aware of industry news... hmmm.
You put quotations, so I was expecting a question, that's all.
Legacies are royally and utterly screwed. Many don't want to hear it and tell themselves that the next decade will be full of sunshine and roses. This is the beginning of the end of the big 3.
Gipsy Danger is analog...not digital.
Quote: Legacies are royally and utterly screwed. Many don't want to hear it and tell themselves that the next decade will be full of sunshine and roses. This is the beginning of the end of the big 3.
The same thing could have been said about each and every legacy carrier in the early days of deregulation. The big 3 today are far stronger than any of the legacy carriers were individually back then.

How are things for you? Have you left the industry yet?

AirAsia becomes 1st low-cost Asian airline to be cleared to fly to the U.S. - Jan. 24, 2017
Quote: As a passenger, I'd happily pay 25% or more less and bring my own food and my iPad. There is no question that times are changing. It's going to be an interesting decade.
Pretty scary stuff to think about for someone who is in the early stages of a career gamble at commutair hoping to get on with United don't you think? For your sake and the rest of ours, I really hope we can successfully handle the LCC threat domestically and now on the Atlantic and Pacific fronts. I completely agree though, interesting decade to come my friend!
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to