Atlas attrition numbers staggering

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to
Quote: Unfortunately Atlas will still be able for a while to fill classes with regionals/corporate/135 guys who will get a pay upgrade and want to fly a wide-body travelling around the world and they don't mind the bad contract, 17 days away and low payment compared to other airlines. So as long as Atlas can fill the classes management won't move. Moreover there is plenty of lifers there who are to old/have skeletons in the closet/don't wanna be a FO again pilots that will never move and would do anything management asks
You're exactly right in what you are saying; but, the thing is, we are now losing guys at record levels. Guys are leaving for the legacy carriers along with brown and purple, on a level that's equal too, if not more than our training dept can get guys pumped out of IOE. So, they hire 30 guys, they lose 30 guys. We need another 400 guys or more just to fly the 20 Amazon airplanes alone. How are they going to be able to crew those airplanes when you basically have an equal or greater amount of water flowing out of the bucket than is flowing in?
Quote: Unfortunately Atlas will still be able for a while to fill classes with regionals/corporate/135 guys who will get a pay upgrade and want to fly a wide-body travelling around the world and they don't mind the bad contract, 17 days away and low payment compared to other airlines. So as long as Atlas can fill the classes management won't move. Moreover there is plenty of lifers there who are to old/have skeletons in the closet/don't wanna be a FO again pilots that will never move and would do anything management asks
I hate HOPers.
Quote: I hate HOPers.
Couldn't agree more.

Sometime ago I was at the shuttle to the airport and an expressjet guy asked me about Atlas.

He makes more than an FO here, has a better schedule and his company treats him better.

He doesn't need to fly to "hot areas", doesn't have red eyes, doesn't leave his family for 17 days

on Atlas side/advantage...he doesn't have deadhead in Business (nevertheless he doesn't fly international) doesn't have a hot meal (well, atlas meal is...) atlas hotels are usually better in the States, he wouldn't need to commute (but would pay taxes on airline tickets) and would fly international/international layovers plus have a Widebody type.

In 5 minutes he realized how better he is staying there and waiting for a major than making a move.

I guess that should tell us something
Quote: I hate HOPers.
I hate TROLLS.
Welcome to Troll City, it gets worse here every day.
Quote: I hate TROLLS.
Like a troll would know what a HOPer is.
You have to admit you're pretty douchey though
Question, do any of you guys think Amazon will increase the need of Atlas to move freight or they or not are aware of this situation, I commute and Alot of Atlas guys love the type of flying, but for some, they feel like mushrooms, if you now what I mean...just trying to make a decision if to apply or not !!!
Thanks
Quote: Question, do any of you guys think Amazon will increase the need of Atlas to move freight or they or not are aware of this situation, I commute and Alot of Atlas guys love the type of flying, but for some, they feel like mushrooms, if you now what I mean...just trying to make a decision if to apply or not !!!
Thanks
Amazon is fully aware of the situation with all it's contractors. The peak strike at ABX and the continuing labor strife at Atlas seem to point to ATI being the most favored Amazon contractor and the leading candidate to be purchased to become the wholly owned, in-house Amazon Prime Air.
Amazon can have their ATI *****es. Their race to the bottom can finally be achieved.
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to