Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > > >
SkyWest Regional Airline
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2019, 11:19 PM   #11  
Gets Weekends Off
 
trip's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,311
Default

LOL, SKW guys shouting down anykind of flow through talk because “why would we limit ourselves”, “were better then that” “we got this all figured out”

Stats don’t agree.

https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/2779227-post13.html

Quote:
I think civilian stats are all over the place. In my class of almost 40, 7-8 had some sort of military background. 3-4 pure corporate types and the remainder were majority CPP invites with a few non CPP Express carrier invites (think the non CPP folks were interns) One super young ERJ 170 F/O who was an intern. All of the regional guys were captains except one, only a couple check airman. Don't think any of them were from Envoy.
trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:56 AM   #12  
On Guard!
 
Joined APC: Mar 2019
Posts: 223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
LOL, SKW guys shouting down anykind of flow through talk because “why would we limit ourselves”, “were better then that” “we got this all figured out”

Stats don’t agree.

https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/2779227-post13.html
The koolaid is strong when made with St. George’s water.
Meow1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:00 AM   #13  
Endless Reserve
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: E175 FO
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk21 View Post
Have to have 12 months of SkyWest seniority to be eligible. That cuts out a large chunk of the seniority list.


Plus the people that don’t really want to move on. And those that don’t know you have to go to the link and actually request it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chitolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:13 AM   #14  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
LOL, SKW guys shouting down anykind of flow through talk because “why would we limit ourselves”, “were better then that” “we got this all figured out”

Stats don’t agree.

https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/2779227-post13.html
So your “stats” are from one United new hire class?
N1CEandEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:13 PM   #15  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2016
Posts: 296
Default

Did I miss an email? Where is this united app review announcement?
TimetoClimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:47 PM   #16  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimetoClimb View Post
Did I miss an email? Where is this united app review announcement?
Not sure how you can miss it. Its on SWOL..
amcnd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:52 AM   #17  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Mar 2018
Posts: 6
Default

Honestly the fact that they have painted this out to be some amazing deal while 4 other airlines have an actual CPP is an absolute joke and downright embarrassing. This kinda disingenuous behavior is what drives people to not come here. “more opportunity than any other regional pilot” 🙄🙄🙄
bouncedlolsweg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:47 AM   #18  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Mar 2018
Posts: 6
Default

Honestly, the resume review is nothing but a joke and downright embarrassing. The company has been saying they were hesitant to bring on any program unless it was good. I’m starting to believe they just don’t want to try to offer their pilots anything of substance. 4 other regionals have a CPP. And we do more than double the flying than some of them. I’ve heard of how some candidates didn’t want to come here because they felt the company was disingenuous. This is a prime example. “More opportunity than any other regional pilot.” Maybe we can have our resumes “reviewed” by the time these CPP candidates are hitting mainline captain. 🙄
bouncedlolsweg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 08:06 AM   #19  
Gets Weekends Off
 
SMACFUM's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2013
Posts: 512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncedlolsweg View Post
Honestly, the resume review is nothing but a joke and downright embarrassing. The company has been saying they were hesitant to bring on any program unless it was good. I’m starting to believe they just don’t want to try to offer their pilots anything of substance. 4 other regionals have a CPP. And we do more than double the flying than some of them. I’ve heard of how some candidates didn’t want to come here because they felt the company was disingenuous. This is a prime example. “More opportunity than any other regional pilot.” Maybe we can have our resumes “reviewed” by the time these CPP candidates are hitting mainline captain. 🙄
Bingo! It’s an absolute joke.
Furthermore, what the whole “we don’t need a flow” crowd fail to recognize is that new hire class slots are a finite quantity. Every single UA CPP new hire is one less slot made available to someone not in the program. Going forward UA has said they want roughly 30-40% of all new hires to be CPP pilots. SkyWest pilots are going to be at a distinct (and measurable) disadvantage simply because they are not participating.
SMACFUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 12:17 PM   #20  
Gets Weekends Off
 
trip's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMACFUM View Post
Bingo! It’s an absolute joke.
Furthermore, what the whole “we don’t need a flow” crowd fail to recognize is that new hire class slots are a finite quantity. Every single UA CPP new hire is one less slot made available to someone not in the program. Going forward UA has said they want roughly 30-40% of all new hires to be CPP pilots. SkyWest pilots are going to be at a distinct (and measurable) disadvantage simply because they are not participating.
Figure another 30% military, 10-15% corporate/ACMI and the rest for non-CPP/flow.
trip is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Could this section on my resume be hurting me Iron Maiden Career Questions 4 07-15-2014 08:05 AM
Resume help? DaCat1989 Career Questions 2 02-22-2014 08:41 AM
Resume ?? Duksrule Career Questions 1 01-12-2012 05:15 PM
UPS, IPA to Resume Formal Negotiations Freighter Captain Cargo 0 11-04-2005 08:02 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:12 PM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1