Notices

Noise Canceling Headsets

Old 11-07-2017, 08:02 AM
  #41  
Furloughed Again?!
 
ZapBrannigan's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Boeing 737
Posts: 3,541
Default

Hey has anyone had any problems with Quiet Technologies servicing the headset? I corresponded with Phil via email about a microphone issue and a speaker cutting out. He said send it in. I sent it via FedEx so I know he received it.

Iíve tried several times to email him to check on the status or at least find out if he has it in his possession and he is working on it. No response whatsoever.

Now Iím concerned that I might not see the headset again and wondering what legal avenue I might be forced to take in order to recoup my investment? Looking for others who might have had similar experiences.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ZapBrannigan is offline  
Old 11-07-2017, 09:06 AM
  #42  
All is fine at .79
 
TiredSoul's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Paahlot
Posts: 3,350
Default

Precious few reviews online for nflightmike but Iím interested also.
Especially since the UFlyMike has a 12 week back order.
TiredSoul is offline  
Old 11-07-2017, 11:03 AM
  #43  
Gets Weekends Off
 
WHACKMASTER's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: DOWNGRADE COMPLETE: Thanks Gary. Thanks SWAPA.
Posts: 4,403
Default

Originally Posted by ZapBrannigan View Post
Hey has anyone had any problems with Quiet Technologies servicing the headset? I corresponded with Phil via email about a microphone issue and a speaker cutting out. He said send it in. I sent it via FedEx so I know he received it.

Iíve tried several times to email him to check on the status or at least find out if he has it in his possession and he is working on it. No response whatsoever.

Now Iím concerned that I might not see the headset again and wondering what legal avenue I might be forced to take in order to recoup my investment? Looking for others who might have had similar experiences.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wow. Thatís nuts. Maybe he doesnít work there anymore? Perhaps try getting a hold of someone at the general company email or phone #?
WHACKMASTER is offline  
Old 11-07-2017, 12:54 PM
  #44  
Furloughed Again?!
 
ZapBrannigan's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Boeing 737
Posts: 3,541
Default

Originally Posted by WHACKMASTER View Post
Wow. Thatís nuts. Maybe he doesnít work there anymore? Perhaps try getting a hold of someone at the general company email or phone #?

I got ahold of him via phone. He acted really put out about me checking on the status of the repair, but supposedly it was shipped yesterday so hopefully Iíll have it soon.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ZapBrannigan is offline  
Old 11-07-2017, 04:29 PM
  #45  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2013
Posts: 825
Default

A good friend of mine at a legacy flies the B737NG and loves the Clarity Aloft (TSO version). He was previously a Bose and David Clark guy for decades.The comfort is unbeatable and worth the trade-off (ANR) in his opinion.
CaptYoda is offline  
Old 11-08-2017, 07:53 AM
  #46  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,538
Default

Originally Posted by CaptYoda View Post
A good friend of mine at a legacy flies the B737NG and loves the Clarity Aloft (TSO version). He was previously a Bose and David Clark guy for decades.The comfort is unbeatable and worth the trade-off (ANR) in his opinion.
Iíve used clarity aloft for 10 yrs. Started on the EMB-145 which was really loud above 280 kts. Then to the ERJ-170 which was pretty quiet. Now the 737 which is probably in between the two. Had to send them in last month for repair and use clam shell for a couple trips and Iím glad I have my headset back. Donít know how people use those over the ear sets for years on long days. They kill my head. After a 8+ hr day I donít even notice the clarityís.
flyguy81 is offline  
Old 11-08-2017, 10:08 AM
  #47  
Furloughed Again?!
 
ZapBrannigan's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Boeing 737
Posts: 3,541
Default

Originally Posted by flyguy81 View Post
Iíve used clarity aloft for 10 yrs. Started on the EMB-145 which was really loud above 280 kts. Then to the ERJ-170 which was pretty quiet. Now the 737 which is probably in between the two. Had to send them in last month for repair and use clam shell for a couple trips and Iím glad I have my headset back. Donít know how people use those over the ear sets for years on long days. They kill my head. After a 8+ hr day I donít even notice the clarityís.

Same. The Clarity breaks about once a year though. Iím a power user. 750+ hours a year. The speakers just short out after a while. I also hate when the earpiece comes off in my ear (once every six months or so). Embarrassing trying to dig it out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ZapBrannigan is offline  
Old 11-08-2017, 06:13 PM
  #48  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,538
Default

Originally Posted by ZapBrannigan View Post
Same. The Clarity breaks about once a year though. Iím a power user. 750+ hours a year. The speakers just short out after a while. I also hate when the earpiece comes off in my ear (once every six months or so). Embarrassing trying to dig it out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huh....I usually fly 8-900/yr and this year was the first time since I've ever had to send them in for repair. Maybe you got a lemon.
flyguy81 is offline  
Old 11-09-2017, 06:33 AM
  #49  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2010
Posts: 605
Default

Wow, Zap are you still using the original Pro model or the newer Pro Plus? I found the older model definitely had earpiece issues, but the newer Pro Plus seems a lot more rugged.
Smokey23 is offline  
Old 11-09-2017, 07:46 AM
  #50  
Furloughed Again?!
 
ZapBrannigan's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Boeing 737
Posts: 3,541
Default

No Iím on the original pro. They say theyíll give me $150 discount to buy the pro plus. Worth it?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ZapBrannigan is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
PilotDoc
Technical
26
04-12-2018 04:35 AM
THEBRICK
Major
9
12-21-2012 06:15 AM
MacGuy2
Cargo
17
02-16-2010 10:21 AM
CptBeeker
Regional
13
09-20-2008 10:14 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread