Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Spirit (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/spirit/)
-   -   Spirit of NKS (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/spirit/36831-spirit-nks.html)

Sailor 02-11-2009 09:12 AM

Spirit of NKS
 
So, I guess nothing for APR or MAY, maybe 15-20 pilots for JUN.

A buddy of mine went to the ALPo meeting yesterday. He is furlough just like me, and wanted to get an update on things...

HAHAHAHA, he said that the Tab was running strong, thx to ALPo...also that people were just making small groups, chatting, drinking, checking out Blackberry's.

He said, no mention of:

Arbitrator, 4-5 day off, Company Status, Airplanes, Destinations, Recalls, Schedules...
...but good drinks and great company.

I am confused.:confused:

captscott26 02-11-2009 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor (Post 556752)
So, I guess nothing for APR or MAY, maybe 15-20 pilots for JUN.

A buddy of mine went to the ALPo meeting yesterday. He is furlough just like me, and wanted to get an update on things...

HAHAHAHA, he said that the Tab was running strong, thx to ALPo...also that people were just making small groups, chatting, drinking, checking out Blackberry's.

He said, no mention of:

Arbitrator, 4-5 day off, Company Status, Airplanes, Destinations, Recalls, Schedules...
...but good drinks and great company.

I am confused.:confused:

Definately nothing for April, but I am expecting a recall for May. I believe the company was planning on recalling for March but instead decided on closing SJU and LGA, which resulted in more efficiency with the schedules....enough to cover the March increase. We have a similar, if not bigger, increase May 1st. FLL-LAS, FLL-LAX, FLL-SJU, MCO-SJU, ACY-BOS all will start or expand service in May. Looking at the bid packet for March, there are 30 reserves in FLL, 7 in ACY, and 9 in DTW. Im not saying we should expect a big recall, and this is just my opinion, but I do believe we will need more crew on line for May 1st.

FDXCapt 02-11-2009 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor (Post 556752)
He said, no mention of:

Arbitrator, 4-5 day off, Company Status, Airplanes, Destinations, Recalls, Schedules...
...but good drinks and great company.

I am confused.:confused:

Sailor,
Many of us have been in your shoes - more than once. It stinks. You are correct, accurate information will help through the tough times. Your pilot group's furlough coordinator should have the answers to your questions. The list of names/emails of each airlines coordinator, along with additional furlough information, can be found on the ALPA Furloughed Pilots Support Program website.

BoredwLife 02-11-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDXCapt (Post 556835)
Sailor,
Many of us have been in your shoes - more than once. It stinks. You are correct, accurate information will help through the tough times. Your pilot group's furlough coordinator should have the answers to your questions. The list of names/emails of each airlines coordinator, along with additional furlough information, can be found on the ALPA Furloughed Pilots Support Program website.


First I have to chuckle at the thought of us actually haveing someone who cares about those of us on the street. Or union representation, from what I can tell, is basicly suciding our pilot group for their own egos.

The new rumor is all DTW flying going away and the planes and pilots moving down to FLL. This has been going around for a bit (talks of RAH doing what they do best). If this was to happen it would be pretty easy to cover all of the new flying.

I used to be hopeful but now its time to move on. I suggest you do the same.

taylorjets 02-11-2009 05:14 PM

I agree
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoredwLife (Post 556868)
First I have to chuckle at the thought of us actually haveing someone who cares about those of us on the street. Or union representation, from what I can tell, is basicly suciding our pilot group for their own egos.

The new rumor is all DTW flying going away and the planes and pilots moving down to FLL. This has been going around for a bit (talks of RAH doing what they do best). If this was to happen it would be pretty easy to cover all of the new flying.

I used to be hopeful but now its time to move on. I suggest you do the same.



Too many FO's picking up open time.

Sailor 02-12-2009 05:28 AM

Expected!!

Merlyn 02-12-2009 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor (Post 556752)
So, I guess nothing for APR or MAY, maybe 15-20 pilots for JUN.

He said, no mention of:

Arbitrator, 4-5 day off, Company Status, Airplanes, Destinations, Recalls, Schedules...
...but good drinks and great company.

I am confused.:confused:

I was at that meeting and all those things were discussed. All the reps were there including one man from ALPA national. I moved around and talked to most of them or listened in to the discussions going on in small groups.

captscott26 02-12-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merlyn (Post 557550)
I was at that meeting and all those things were discussed. All the reps were there including one man from ALPA national. I moved around and talked to most of them or listened in to the discussions going on in small groups.

Care to share anything that you learned, or what specifically was discussed about those topics.

Sailor 02-12-2009 10:03 AM

Thx Merlyn, feel much better now that you found the meeting very constructive. I was not able to go, money and such, but glad to hear that my buddy was wrong about the meeting.

Respectfully
Furlough pilot.

Balder 02-14-2009 07:26 AM

Found the meeting contructive, as well, regarding our strategy towards managements antics. But not much solid information out there about Spirits plans and intentions these days. Not from our union reps, not from our management.
Wait and see.... Hope to have all you furloughees back soon.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:30 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands