Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > > >
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2018, 06:04 PM   #1  
On Reserve
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Jun 2018
Posts: 19
Default Does anyone know anything about PDX base?

What are the chances of a PDX base? Also how many days off a month are you guys averaging?
Crjlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 07:13 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: 737 FO/Capt/FO
Posts: 259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crjlife View Post
What are the chances of a PDX base? Also how many days off a month are you guys averaging?
Abit premature to determine what base(s) if/will be/when or how they will fill.
Very difficult to give day off average...in MSP, if sitting reserve can be as low as 11 days off. If senior, can be as much as 20. If/when new basing happens...days off will vary widely as this will all be uncharted territory for SCA.
Starlifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 08:20 PM   #3  
On Reserve
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Jun 2018
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
Abit premature to determine what base(s) if/will be/when or how they will fill.
Very difficult to give day off average...in MSP, if sitting reserve can be as low as 11 days off. If senior, can be as much as 20. If/when new basing happens...days off will vary widely as this will all be uncharted territory for SCA.
I see. Iím trying to make up my mind if I should leave the regional pilot life for SC. I have a family and a new baby. Iím tired of being away from my family 4 days at a time. I hear SC is a great place to be for a family guy.
Crjlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:13 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Ca. CRJ 200
Posts: 238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crjlife View Post
I see. Iím trying to make up my mind if I should leave the regional pilot life for SC. I have a family and a new baby. Iím tired of being away from my family 4 days at a time. I hear SC is a great place to be for a family guy.
I'm contemplating it myself. Just about to finish upgrading at a regional
42jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:07 AM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
beech1980's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: B-737
Posts: 528
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crjlife View Post
I see. Iím trying to make up my mind if I should leave the regional pilot life for SC. I have a family and a new baby. Iím tired of being away from my family 4 days at a time. I hear SC is a great place to be for a family guy.
You will be doing 5/6 day trips. 4 will probably be the shortest trip. Yes you will do the occasional day trip. Living in base has its perks although. Sun country currently does not fly reserves as much as a normal airline. You might fly a couple days a month on average. The busy charter months you might fly a little more as all the open time canít or wonít be all picked up by the line holders.
Now that all the dead head is paid at 100% and all block time is paid at 150% open time will be scooped up even on the trips where you might deadhead 4 legs to fly 1.
beech1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 07:45 AM   #6  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Aug 2018
Posts: 18
Default

Lots and lots of 4+ day trips now. I doubt a PDX base happens, or any permanent bases. Just more route experiments. Six months in this market, and two here, then four over there. The longer trips are experiments to see if "bridging" works better than bases or temporary duty assignments.

For a family guy, well, maybe not the most stable place. We are guinea pigs in an LCC experiment. Bankruptcy is a real possibility.
Noisy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:04 AM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
PiperPower's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2007
Posts: 285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noisy1 View Post
Bankruptcy is a real possibility.
With this new group owning the airline; no, itís not.
PiperPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 06:43 PM   #8  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Aug 2018
Posts: 18
Default

Ok. Glad you are optimistic. I'm sure Apollo has never ever had a risk fail.
Noisy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 07:13 PM   #9  
On Reserve
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Jun 2018
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beech1980 View Post
You will be doing 5/6 day trips. 4 will probably be the shortest trip. Yes you will do the occasional day trip. Living in base has its perks although. Sun country currently does not fly reserves as much as a normal airline. You might fly a couple days a month on average. The busy charter months you might fly a little more as all the open time canít or wonít be all picked up by the line holders.
Now that all the dead head is paid at 100% and all block time is paid at 150% open time will be scooped up even on the trips where you might deadhead 4 legs to fly 1.
I canít even imagine being in a 6 day trip. I would hate my life real hard. I think Iím gonna stay where I am and stay put for something better. Thanks for the input though.
Crjlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 09:42 PM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
trip's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crjlife View Post
I canít even imagine being in a 6 day trip. I would hate my life real hard. I think Iím gonna stay where I am and stay put for something better. Thanks for the input though.
Your not going to like airline life then, start looking for something that will not make you miserable. Maybe CBP or corporate.
trip is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Envoy Smutter Envoy Airlines 10847 01-18-2019 08:31 AM
MEC TPA Vote flyingfarmer United 31 03-01-2012 05:04 AM
Let the musical chairs begin at 9E, XJ, 9L djrogs03 Regional 338 09-01-2011 05:04 PM
base trading how does it work are your airlin atr42flyer Regional 6 01-30-2011 10:46 AM
CHQ's MCO base blakman7 Regional 9 10-05-2006 06:07 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:45 PM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1