Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2006, 10:57 AM   #11  
Gets EVERY weekend off
Thread Starter
 
flynavyj's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: SIC
Posts: 1,359
Default

thanks for the info on the switcharoo, read about it on this website and a couple other ones. Hoping for TSA, but we'll see what happens. The guy who extended the interview is apparently incharge of hiring for TSA, and he's gonna be on the interview w/ me, so that sounds halfway hopeful. Also, considering what's happened over at TSA, i wouldn't doubt if the positions being interviewed for are actually w/ TSA and not Gojet given that they were predicting hiring around this time of the year, way earlier in the year.

Also, i am from STL. Which is another reason their on my list, cheap to live @ home.
flynavyj is offline  
Old 08-16-2006, 11:06 AM   #12  
Gets Weekends Off
 
G-Dog's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: ERJ 170
Posts: 737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerUP View Post
Yes, they have been doing that.

Unless you live in STL or your current job really, really sucks, I'd advise you to avoid TSA.

On second thought, please go there, get your SIC type rating and consolidate in the airplane, then quit and get a better job.

Hulas deserves that much!
SIC type? That is worth as much as the paper in the bathroom, if you know what I mean.
G-Dog is offline  
Old 08-16-2006, 11:11 AM   #13  
Challenge Accepted Five
 
BoilerUP's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,111
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dog View Post
SIC type? That is worth as much as the paper in the bathroom, if you know what I mean.
Not to another EMB operator, it ain't. Already qualified on the airplane = lower training cost & vastly higher percentage of training success. Just ask the TSA furloughees who got hired at CHQ and XJT.
BoilerUP is offline  
Old 08-16-2006, 11:13 AM   #14  
Gets Weekends Off
 
G-Dog's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: ERJ 170
Posts: 737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerUP View Post
Not to another EMB operator, it ain't. Already qualified on the airplane = lower training cost & vastly higher percentage of training success. Just ask the TSA furloughees who got hired at CHQ and XJT.
I see your point.
G-Dog is offline  
Old 08-16-2006, 11:25 AM   #15  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,844
Default

Just a thought about reading what BoilerUP posts: he's very proud of the fact that TSA flying is "beneath" him.
POPA is offline  
Old 08-16-2006, 11:41 AM   #16  
Challenge Accepted Five
 
BoilerUP's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,111
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by POPA View Post
Just a thought about reading what BoilerUP posts: he's very proud of the fact that TSA flying is "beneath" him.
Your analysis couldn't be further from the truth.

I have friends currently at as well as furloughed from TSA. I've helped some ex-waterskiiers get jobs, and had some help me with leads as well. I don't have any problem whatsoever with TSA, but I have a huge issue with GoJetters and the way Hulas treats his employees.

I had an offer from TSA and I made a choice to not go there, based upon compensation, career expectations and the GoJet situation. I had other (yes, better) options that I chose to exercise at the time, and realize that if I had decided to burn my bridges and go to TSA I would currently be on the bottom of the seniority list, making less money than I am now, feeling the pain of the whipsaw first hand.

Its not pride or smugness or anything of the sort, just the facts as I experienced them. YMMV
BoilerUP is offline  
Old 08-16-2006, 11:45 AM   #17  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,844
Default

My mistake. My earlier comment was based on my read of statements in a different thread.
POPA is offline  
Old 08-16-2006, 11:46 AM   #18  
Prime Minister/Moderator
 
rickair7777's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim
Posts: 23,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dog View Post
SIC type? That is worth as much as the paper in the bathroom, if you know what I mean.
Several of the better regionals will snap up pilots with a little operational experience in a CRJ/ERJ. You will probably only get the SIC type if your company does international flying (it's required for that), but it's not the type that counts, it's the 121 qualification in the jet.
rickair7777 is offline  
Old 08-16-2006, 11:46 AM   #19  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: RJ Captain
Posts: 905
Default

Wow! I see from your previous post that you're at 600tt/ 35me. TSA list their minimums at 1500tt/500me but their needing to drop down that low to find pilots. Nothing personal, congrats, take the job if offered and good luck. You'll get some excellent experience and if you want to move on in 6-12 months it will be that much easier for you.
Utah is offline  
Old 08-18-2006, 03:25 AM   #20  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Koolaidman's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: SKYW CRJ FO
Posts: 467
Default

Trans States interview gouge is right on at aviationinterviews.com. They are in an extremely desperate position for pilots as most furloughs left and all the bottom guys have left as well or are leaving. Great opportunity to get some good 121 experience, but not a great place to make a career. Since they are desperate, the interview will be easier as well as training and check rides!!! If you are from St. Louis, you will be fine. You have to accept that TSA isn't a top notch place to work and that the company really doesn't care about its employees. However, you shouldn't care because IF you are somewhat low time it will open a bunch of opportunities later on down the road (six months or so). Good luck and don't forget to drink the Kool Aid! It is a fairly easy interview, just check the gouge!
Koolaidman is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trans States Hiring GitRDone Trans States Airlines 43 06-27-2007 10:56 PM
Trans States.... dmb911 Trans States Airlines 1 07-18-2006 07:21 AM
Any word on Trans States Airlines? flyinhigh6165 Trans States Airlines 20 01-27-2006 04:51 PM
Trans States Airlines Pilot82 Trans States Airlines 1 09-12-2005 05:50 PM
Trans States running classes Freight Dog Hiring News 0 06-01-2005 04:27 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:01 AM.