Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2019, 03:42 PM   #41  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabapch View Post
This is irrelevant. The Beck case applies to both.
Yes, but it is not irrelevant if you read Brennan's majority decision. RLA = Railway Labor Act that covers airlines. ALPA doesn't use dues for political purposes. Sorry, better luck next time.

Turning to the constitutional question, Brennan wrestled with the fact that "...in Railway Employees v. Hanson, 351 U.S. 225 (1956), [the Court held] that because the RLA pre-empts all state laws banning union-security agreements, the negotiation and enforcement of such provisions in railroad industry contracts involves 'governmental action' and is therefore subject to constitutional limitations." The question before the Court in Beck, then, was whether such governmental action extended to the acts of unions in the private sector where there was no such federal pre-emption. CWA argued that because Section 14(b) of the NLRA permits each state make its own choice in this regard, there could be no federal pre-emption and thus no governmental action. Brennan concluded for the majority that the Supreme Court need not decide the issue: The Court's doctrine was to rule narrowly on grounds of statutory construction where possible, and that issue had already been decided on statutory grounds in the workers' favor.
Flytolive is offline  
Old 01-31-2019, 04:19 PM   #42  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Jan 2019
Posts: 408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flytolive View Post
Yes, but it is not irrelevant if you read Brennan's majority decision. RLA = Railway Labor Act that covers airlines. ALPA doesn't use dues for political purposes. Sorry, better luck next time.

Turning to the constitutional question, Brennan wrestled with the fact that "...in Railway Employees v. Hanson, 351 U.S. 225 (1956), [the Court held] that because the RLA pre-empts all state laws banning union-security agreements, the negotiation and enforcement of such provisions in railroad industry contracts involves 'governmental action' and is therefore subject to constitutional limitations." The question before the Court in Beck, then, was whether such governmental action extended to the acts of unions in the private sector where there was no such federal pre-emption. CWA argued that because Section 14(b) of the NLRA permits each state make its own choice in this regard, there could be no federal pre-emption and thus no governmental action. Brennan concluded for the majority that the Supreme Court need not decide the issue: The Court's doctrine was to rule narrowly on grounds of statutory construction where possible, and that issue had already been decided on statutory grounds in the workers' favor.
Yet again, irrelevant. Your right to Beck requests are covered by Federal law. Please enlighten me on why ALPA has published advisement on how to handle Beck requests and how to request them? Seems kind of silly if it doesnít apply to them donít ya think...

But again back to the beginning the proof is all on government websites for everyone that puts effort into this subject. ALPA was specifically investigated for union dues paid to campaign contributions. But itís kind of hard for someone to take legal action when the union is paying their salary (ďlobbyingĒ).
stabapch is offline  
Old 01-31-2019, 04:27 PM   #43  
Gets Weekends Off
 
WhistlePig's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: Ending the Backlog one claim at a time
Posts: 286
Default Wow ...

When did Alex Jones get an ATP?
WhistlePig is offline  
Old 01-31-2019, 04:33 PM   #44  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabapch View Post
Your (sic) right to Beck requests are covered by Federal law.
If you are going to cite a legal decision then you should actually understand what it means. As you even admitted, "the courts held... against the union." Dues of RLA employees cannot be used for political purposes.

ALPA-PAC funds are voluntary and have used quite effectively to lobby for pilots' interests as evidenced by the FAA Reauthorization bill. You're welcome.
Flytolive is offline  
Old 01-31-2019, 04:55 PM   #45  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Jan 2019
Posts: 408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flytolive View Post
If you are going to cite a legal decision then you should actually understand what it means. As you even admitted, "the courts held... against the union." Dues of RLA employees cannot be used for political purposes.

ALPA-PAC funds are voluntary and have used quite effectively to lobby for pilots' interests as evidenced by the FAA Reauthorization bill. You're welcome.
No kidding! Dues of ANY union cannot legally be used for political purposes. You obviously missed the entire point of the conversation. Iím surprised someone would allow you to pilot an aircraft. But actually Iím not, ALPA has been known to defend and keep unqualified pilots at the controls.

Everyone abides by the laws right? Especially corporations (21st century unions)... FWIW even unionfacts publishes ALPA dues going towards political means no matter how small the percentage.

The propaganda is THICK, Iím not sure Iím gonna be able to pull ya out of this.
stabapch is offline  
Old 01-31-2019, 05:19 PM   #46  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabapch View Post
Iím surprised someone would allow you to pilot an aircraft.
Now, now fighto. Easy on the projection. I am sure you are God's undiscovered gift to aviation who will eventually graduate from Bryan's Bazaar. Best of luck.
Flytolive is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IBT results and experiences pipercub Union Talk 66 09-12-2014 07:33 PM
American Eagle ALPA & AA APA Strike bgmann Regional 31 11-19-2011 08:33 PM
What? ALPA Staff members are UNIONIZED??? Pinchanickled Union Talk 10 11-29-2010 05:46 PM
What the hell is ALPA Leadership thinking? ATCsaidDoWhat Union Talk 0 09-30-2010 12:49 PM
ALPA and Pseudo-Science on FTDT PEACH Union Talk 8 03-30-2010 09:40 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:34 AM.