Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Union Talk For macro-level discussion: legislation, national unions, organizing pilot groups, etc.For airline-specific discussion, use relevant forum above.
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2019, 02:22 PM   #1  
Da Hudge
Thread Starter
 
80ktsClamp's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Poodle Whisperer
Posts: 16,663
Default Did Joe DePete retire? (FedEx)

Word from the DL MEC meeting is that Joe DePete retired from FDX on Dec 31 and deferred his pension until the end of his ALPA President term, thus eventually collecting 2 pensions... Can anyone speak to any validity of this?
80ktsClamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 02:34 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,713
Default

I think the past two ALPA Presidents took LOAs from Delta while they were in office. How old is DePete? 61+?
Flytolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 02:44 PM   #3  
Da Hudge
Thread Starter
 
80ktsClamp's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Poodle Whisperer
Posts: 16,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flytolive View Post
I think the past two ALPA Presidents took LOAs from Delta while they were in office. How old is DePete? 61+?
Nice straw man. LOA = retirement in your world?
80ktsClamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 03:34 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,713
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80ktsClamp View Post
Nice straw man. LOA = retirement in your world?
It means for some reason all three of the last three ALPA Presidents needed to separate themselves from their employer for some reason. All the ALPA/union haters might wait to see if there is a reasonable explanation that is most likely related to the ALPA pension plan infall three cases.

Fire - ready - aim.
Flytolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 03:39 PM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flytolive View Post
It means for some reason all three of the last three ALPA Presidents needed to separate themselves from their employer for some reason. All the ALPA/union haters might wait to see if there is a reasonable explanation that is most likely related to the ALPA pension plan infall three cases.

Fire - ready - aim.
I sat with Joe DePete and his wife at the BOD for 20 minutes. He gave me and countless others his word, if elected he would not retire from FedEx.

He played every ALPA Pilot like a fool and is now double dipping. In my opinion, the only reason he ran.

The ultimate greedy politician.

He needs to resign or be recalled.
gzsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 03:40 PM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,713
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzsg View Post
I sat with Joe DePete and his wife at the BOD for 20 minutes. He gave me and countless others his word, if elected he would not retire from FedEx.
I am curious. Why did the subject even come up?
Flytolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 04:08 PM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Position: 7ERB
Posts: 150
Default

The better question is why are the rules written so that you get two pensions if you do what he supposedly did.

If I retired from the Navy at 15 years and left for Delta, I'm not getting my Navy retirement. I know he's probably vested in FedEx at this point, but I'm not getting why there are two pensions.
CX500T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 05:24 PM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: B767
Posts: 385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80ktsClamp View Post
Nice straw man. LOA = retirement in your world?
Is Lee Moak back at Delta flying the line?

-UA
UnusualAttitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 05:26 PM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: B767
Posts: 385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX500T View Post
The better question is why are the rules written so that you get two pensions if you do what he supposedly did.

If I retired from the Navy at 15 years and left for Delta, I'm not getting my Navy retirement. I know he's probably vested in FedEx at this point, but I'm not getting why there are two pensions.
Because despite what ALPA wants you to believe it isn’t an organization made up of top down volunteers. Anyone at the local rep level and higher, especially ALPA national, is anything but a volunteer. They are highly compensated and ALPA National leadership has availed itself to a very nice benefits package.

Just ask Lee Moak.

-UA
UnusualAttitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 05:54 PM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
HIFLYR's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: Airbus Captain
Posts: 1,036
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzsg View Post
I sat with Joe DePete and his wife at the BOD for 20 minutes. He gave me and countless others his word, if elected he would not retire from FedEx.

He played every ALPA Pilot like a fool and is now double dipping. In my opinion, the only reason he ran.

The ultimate greedy politician.

He needs to resign or be recalled.
I find that hard to believe, I gave Joe a recurrent event not too long ago and he showed up engaged and was current in the aircraft. I have a hard time believing he would harm anyone. BTW during that time some of our elected officers were NOQ due to recency but not Joe.
HIFLYR is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Joe Depete (United) JamesBond Union Talk 114 02-06-2019 03:01 PM
Joe Depete (Delta) JamesBond Union Talk 233 02-05-2019 07:44 PM
FedEx Companies vagabond Cargo 15 03-18-2007 04:50 PM
FedEx to Modernize Retirement Plans?!?!?!?! angry tanker Cargo 91 03-08-2007 09:56 AM
FedEx TA NEWS in Commercial Appeal BigWatchPilot Cargo 3 08-28-2006 10:00 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:53 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1