Voters: 533. You may not vote on this poll

Yes or No

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2022, 04:33 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: SFO Guppy CA

Originally Posted by aviator249 View Post
I can almost promise you there’s another bullet in the chamber the company has ready should this fail but what that is I think depends on how badly or fails, which is why this turd should he overwhelmingly voted down. The sell job will try and scare you about a possible recession but not matter what agreement we have, the company will come asking for concessions in a recession anyways. I’d much rather take the agreement we have now into a downtown than the “fix all the companies problems” TA presented to us. Say goodbye to premium pay and enjoy 91 hour lines 25% of the year among other awful provisions if it passes.
I cannot remember an airline ever having a second bullet in the chamber. In my memory, it has always taken a significant amount of just to get back to the table. It took Delta a long time, but they recalled their MEC and NC which took extra time. They also got retro pay when they did sign a deal. But they got moderate gains when they got TA2. That’s kind of the history when pilots vote down TAs.

Maybe it should go back? Like I said, I’m really undecided. I was hoping to see some creative approaches to solving some of our scheduling and QOL issues. That’s not in this TA!!! It’s just add pay, add pay, add pay…. The Company will figure out how (if they already haven’t) how to minimize their exposure to paying add pay.
Old 06-25-2022, 04:36 AM
Aspiring PSA Captain

Joined APC: Sep 2020

My read is that Hamilton is pretty much an angry pit bull just waiting for the membership to unleash him so that he can put a massive @$$ whipping on Kirby.
Old 06-25-2022, 04:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by DashTrash View Post
I cannot remember an airline ever having a second bullet in the chamber. In my memory, it has always taken a significant amount of just to get back to the table. It took Delta a long time, but they recalled their MEC and NC which took extra time. They also got retro pay when they did sign a deal. But they got moderate gains when they got TA2. That’s kind of the history when pilots vote down TAs.

Maybe it should go back? Like I said, I’m really undecided. I was hoping to see some creative approaches to solving some of our scheduling and QOL issues. That’s not in this TA!!! It’s just add pay, add pay, add pay…. The Company will figure out how (if they already haven’t) how to minimize their exposure to paying add pay.
The small pay increases are at the cost of pretty large QoL gives. The only people who would seem to benefit from this would be PIs as their work rules remain largely unchanged; for everyone else subject to operational lines or reserve, we’ll be getting bent over a barrel.
Old 06-25-2022, 05:30 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by avi8er View Post
You sir have no self worth.
I hope you don’t come to work to find self worth.
Old 06-25-2022, 05:36 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2014

The MEC, NC and every LEC rep that voted for this should be recalled ASAP. We should start a picket campaign outside all of our hubs. Kirby’s United Next plan will feel the pressure. This contract is a slap in the face. A free Tumi suitcase sounds like an add in attempt at humor by the company and our own NC. Pathetic. I’m embarrassed that this is what our Union allowed to happen.
Old 06-25-2022, 06:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Vote yes to the current contract. It has many improvements over the TA.

Contract 2012 Highlights vs. TA 2022
-------------------------------------------------
10:00 first day reserve.
Expect massive PPU from training pipeline and reserve rules.
Landings are the company's problem.
50 seat scope makes larger aircraft preferable.
125% add pay for untriggered reassignments.
Less variable line construction rules.
0% raise over 18 months but option to negotiate or strike.
​​​​​​
Old 06-25-2022, 06:37 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2009

Originally Posted by Merle Haggard;[url=tel:3447736
3447736[/url]]My read is that Hamilton is pretty much an angry pit bull just waiting for the membership to unleash him so that he can put a massive @$$ whipping on Kirby.
Let’s give him a 90%+ “No” vote to work with and see what happens.

The company needs this contract more than we do. Remember that.
Old 06-25-2022, 06:42 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2009
Position: Same Day, 1/2 Pay

This things a Turd with Poopy flavored icing on top.

Annual Inflation
2021 7.0%
2022 8.6% (so far)
2023 3.0% (being kind here)
2024 3.0% (and here)
21.6% cummulative

Pay Raise 14% - 21.6% YOY Inflation = -7.6% (a PAY CUT )
Old 06-25-2022, 07:08 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2019

How accurate are these polls? I recall seeing one during the pandemic LOA but can’t remember the specific yes/no ratio here compared to the actual vote.
Old 06-25-2022, 07:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by hamsandwich View Post
How accurate are these polls? I recall seeing one during the pandemic LOA but can’t remember the specific yes/no ratio here compared to the actual vote.
It wasn't 1 out of 10 for a yes. I remember that much