Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   => United Contract 2022 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/united-contract-2022/)
-   -   Good Video Moving Forward Post Voting No (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/united-contract-2022/138476-good-video-moving-forward-post-voting-no.html)

Boeing Aviator 07-12-2022 02:39 PM

Good Video Moving Forward Post Voting No

https://youtu.be/QRq2Mi5V4l4

Good video - halfway through. Not sure who it is but good info, please forward to combat MEC sales job. Send to potential Yes voters. Anyone know the name of this pilot?

Edit.
Looks like Tony DiCarlo.

Aldo Raine 07-12-2022 04:09 PM

Wow. That was excellent. I don’t do the bookface or other forums, but for those who do, please make sure this gets posted there and shared as much as possible.

We need him and others like him at the helm.

fadec 07-12-2022 04:43 PM

The likes to views ratio indicates it will pass.

baseball 07-12-2022 04:58 PM

Since it wasn't in compliance with policy manual, the TA should be null-and-void.

Why didn't the MEC comply with their own policy manual?

baseball 07-12-2022 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by fadec (Post 3459444)
The likes to views ratio indicates it will pass.

The UAL MEC would be and should be sued if they violated the PM. I think a major can of legal whoop ass gonna get unleashed. The representational insurance they receive is only valid when they are complying with the RLA, DoL, and ALPA CBL to include their own policy manual. Since no motion was made to "suspend the rules", they are bound by the rules. The rules, ie policy manual is always in effect unless they specifically waive it by motion or resolution and then, only with 75% vote to waive/violate.

DashTrash 07-12-2022 05:02 PM

Fantastic information!!!

Barley 07-12-2022 08:22 PM

Excellent video.

EWRflyr 07-12-2022 10:23 PM

I give it a thumbs down. There is no "slant" to the MEC videos. They present information with question and answers from pilots who want to learn more. There are no PRO reps on here giving their push to pass this. There are no CON reps on here giving their push not to pass this. The slant is that you don't like the TA and view it as a sales job. That's the lens this is being viewed as.

The constant blast mails from C12 reps and the C11 vice chair are getting old. We get it already. You voted against accepting the TA. You wrote CON statements. You are against the pilots voting FOR the TA. If the duty is to fair and equal treatment, why does the latest donut blast mail from the C11 vice chair not sprinkle in the link to the PRO statement? I heard that each side could put out a PRO or CON statement then put out one rebuttal statement. The only side going on and on about this is the CON side. If this TA is as bad as the CON side says, then it will fail on the merits just like if this TA is as good as the PRO side says it will pass on the merits. No need to sell it either way, right?

I'm indifferent to the outcome of this. I made my vote based on my personal wants and desires. I was glad to see some things and not thrilled about other things. But I'll be fine whichever way this goes and doubt I'll have much reaction. Life is way too short to have this much anger, hatred and personal animosity towards ALPA volunteers which most of us will never step up to be anyway.

Grumble 07-12-2022 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by EWRflyr;[url=tel:3459588
3459588[/url]]I give it a thumbs down. There is no "slant" to the MEC videos. They present information with question and answers from pilots who want to learn more. There are no PRO reps on here giving their push to pass this. There are no CON reps on here giving their push not to pass this. The slant is that you don't like the TA and view it as a sales job. That's the lens this is being viewed as.

The constant blast mails from C12 reps and the C11 vice chair are getting old. We get it already. You voted against accepting the TA. You wrote CON statements. You are against the pilots voting FOR the TA. If the duty is to fair and equal treatment, why does the latest donut blast mail from the C11 vice chair not sprinkle in the link to the PRO statement? I heard that each side could put out a PRO or CON statement then put out one rebuttal statement. The only side going on and on about this is the CON side. If this TA is as bad as the CON side says, then it will fail on the merits just like if this TA is as good as the PRO side says it will pass on the merits. No need to sell it either way, right?

I'm indifferent to the outcome of this. I made my vote based on my personal wants and desires. I was glad to see some things and not thrilled about other things. But I'll be fine whichever way this goes and doubt I'll have much reaction. Life is way too short to have this much anger, hatred and personal animosity towards ALPA volunteers which most of us will never step up to be anyway.

So you voted yes….

Aquaticus 07-13-2022 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by EWRflyr (Post 3459588)
I give it a thumbs down. There is no "slant" to the MEC videos. They present information with question and answers from pilots who want to learn more. There are no PRO reps on here giving their push to pass this. There are no CON reps on here giving their push not to pass this. The slant is that you don't like the TA and view it as a sales job. That's the lens this is being viewed as.

How can you be indifferent to a TA that you could work under for most of your career?? If you aren't insulted by the faq the union is putting out you are buying their sales pitch. The company isn't going to interpret anything off a unions bulletpoints. Just because they "believe" the company won't use the black and white language in the TA their feelings have no bearing on what the company can and will do once this passes. They are playing fast and loose with contract language that affects multiple different aspects of our job. Fundamentally shifting how we reassign pilots but they think it will be a rare occurance while American, delta, and southwest are all actively reassigning their way through every hiccup with the same language they agreed to.