Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-25-2019, 08:33 PM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Sniper66's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Captain
Posts: 1,017
Default Profit sharing for 2019

Any guess how much more than last year ?
Sniper66 is offline  
Old 10-25-2019, 09:04 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ShyGuy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: French Bus Capn'
Posts: 7,301
Default

What % did ya'll get last year?
ShyGuy is offline  
Old 10-25-2019, 09:46 PM   #3  
On Reserve
 
ImHeapsKeen's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Waiting for the Pilot Shortage
Posts: 10
Default

Didn’t we lose our profit sharing in the jumpseat war?
ImHeapsKeen is online now  
Old 10-25-2019, 10:52 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Bestglide's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2013
Position: 756 left...for now
Posts: 207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper66 View Post
Any guess how much more than last year ?
Jelly of the month club
It’s the gift that keeps on giving all year round.
Bestglide is offline  
Old 10-26-2019, 05:14 AM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Airhoss's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Currently not bumped.(Scratch that, bumped again)
Posts: 4,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImHeapsKeen View Post
Didn’t we lose our profit sharing in the jumpseat war?
I got fragged in the jumpseat war. Do I get extra money?
Airhoss is offline  
Old 10-26-2019, 08:05 AM   #6  
You look like a nail
 
Thor's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2012
Posts: 331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper66 View Post
Any guess how much more than last year ?
There’s an extensive breakdown in the link below with charts, graphs, and an insightful analysis.

2019 UAL Pilot Profit Sharing Analysis
Thor is offline  
Old 10-26-2019, 08:39 AM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Guppydriver95's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2018
Posts: 263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
There’s an extensive breakdown in the link below with charts, graphs, and an insightful analysis.

2019 UAL Pilot Profit Sharing Analysis
Damn you!!
Guppydriver95 is offline  
Old 10-26-2019, 09:01 AM   #8  
Line Holder
 
nfo99's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2009
Posts: 47
Default

There was a mention of it on Flying Together. I was shocked with the bold prediction on that page.
nfo99 is offline  
Old 10-26-2019, 09:38 AM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Sunvox's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: EWR A320 Captain
Posts: 1,414
Default

2019 revenue $43.00 billion
2019 profit $3.80 billion
2018 payroll $7.774 billion
2018 PS $0.35 billion
Other Est. $0.25 billion

So now we can do the math:

Step 1: total profit plus other plus last years PS : $3.80 +.35 +.25 =$4.40 billion


Total profit is already $3.07. Assume like Q4 it’s another $.814M. Total profit est 3.884. Profit sharing is already $.368 plus assume $.082 from Q418. Total profit sharing est $.45. FY18 “Other was .927 - .334 or .593. For this reason I’d adjust your number above to read 3.884 + .45+ .593. = $4.927 billion




step 2 what is 6.9% of 43 billion : $43.00 billion x 0.069 = $2.97 billion


Already $32.371B through Q3. Add last years Q4 rev of $10.491 and 2019 FY est is $42.862B. $43 is close enough.



step 3 10% of that number is what : $2.97 x 10% = $297 million


step 4 what percentage of payroll is that : $297 million / $7774 million = 3.9%


This years operating salary is 5.4% higher. 7774 million x 1.054= 8194 million. 3.624%

step 5 then how much at the 20% level : $4.4 billion - $2.97 billion = $1430


$4.9 billion - $2.97 billion = $1.93 B

step 6 what is 20% of that number : $1430 x 20% = $286 million

$1.93 x 20% = $386 million


step 7 what percentage of payroll is that : $286 / $7774 = 3.7%

$386 / 8194 = 4.71%

Last but not least : 3.9% + 3.7% = 7.6%

3.624% + 4.71% = 8.334%
Sunvox is offline  
Old 10-26-2019, 10:58 AM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
flightmedic01's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: About to be bumped down
Posts: 576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunvox View Post
2019 revenue $43.00 billion
2019 profit $3.80 billion
2018 payroll $7.774 billion
2018 PS $0.35 billion
Other Est. $0.25 billion

So now we can do the math:

Step 1: total profit plus other plus last years PS : $3.80 +.35 +.25 =$4.40 billion


Total profit is already $3.07. Assume like Q4 it’s another $.814M. Total profit est 3.884. Profit sharing is already $.368 plus assume $.082 from Q418. Total profit sharing est $.45. FY18 “Other was .927 - .334 or .593. For this reason I’d adjust your number above to read 3.884 + .45+ .593. = $4.927 billion




step 2 what is 6.9% of 43 billion : $43.00 billion x 0.069 = $2.97 billion


Already $32.371B through Q3. Add last years Q4 rev of $10.491 and 2019 FY est is $42.862B. $43 is close enough.



step 3 10% of that number is what : $2.97 x 10% = $297 million


step 4 what percentage of payroll is that : $297 million / $7774 million = 3.9%


This years operating salary is 5.4% higher. 7774 million x 1.054= 8194 million. 3.624%

step 5 then how much at the 20% level : $4.4 billion - $2.97 billion = $1430


$4.9 billion - $2.97 billion = $1.93 B

step 6 what is 20% of that number : $1430 x 20% = $286 million

$1.93 x 20% = $386 million


step 7 what percentage of payroll is that : $286 / $7774 = 3.7%

$386 / 8194 = 4.71%

Last but not least : 3.9% + 3.7% = 7.6%

3.624% + 4.71% = 8.334%
Well that was easy! 😜
flightmedic01 is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Profit Sharing Pool Tracker for 2019 PassportPlump Delta 39 10-13-2019 12:05 PM
Profit Sharing Question from an AA guy AUpilot1 Delta 110 10-12-2019 06:05 AM
Virtucon (Delta) and Profit Sharing gzsg Delta 16 01-20-2016 08:13 AM
UAL Pilot Profit Sharing gzsg Delta 4 01-04-2016 02:11 PM
New TA pileit Delta 280 11-05-2015 11:14 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:19 AM.