Notices

Pass Riders

Old 11-03-2014, 08:35 AM
  #1  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Da Bus
Posts: 481
Default Pass Riders

If both of your parents are deceased, can you add another person to your list of pass riders besides your spouse and children?
disco inferno is offline  
Old 11-03-2014, 08:40 AM
  #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Free Flyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B777 FO/IRO
Posts: 263
Default

No idea. Call the pass rider hotline and ask. Please post results here as I'd like to know that answer also.
Free Flyer is offline  
Old 11-03-2014, 08:55 AM
  #3  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: A320 Cap
Posts: 2,282
Default

You can add step parents, but I believe that is about it.
gettinbumped is offline  
Old 11-03-2014, 09:05 AM
  #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Posts: 150
Default

Looks like you can add a 'enrolled friend' if you're single. But if you have no parents/step parents, doesn't look like they can be replaced by any other relation.

Found in Skynet/My Info/Pass Riders
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
pass.jpg (20.0 KB, 432 views)
steve0617 is offline  
Old 11-03-2014, 09:26 AM
  #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
APC225's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,866
Default

You can be married and have an enrolled friend but it's called a "second enrolled friend." The pass program allows this, but you have to forfeit buddy passes. I have a nephew who travels a lot he's been traveling just like a family member for two years now. Can even sign in to emplyeeRes and list himself under his own logon ID. Now, for people who want a buddy pass, I can honestly say I don't have those anymore. Win win.

It's kind of confusing how they describe it. It's actually a "second enrolled friend." So if you're single you can have one enrolled friend, but also have a second one if you give up buddy passes. To be equitable, they allowed married employees to do this as well, still calling the enrolled friend the "second" one because the spouse counts as the first one.

Second Enrolled Friend in lieu of Regular Buddy Pass Rider Travel:
All employees may register a second enrolled friend each calendar year in lieu of using their annual allotment of buddy ePasses for regular buddy pass rider travel.
 If a second enrolled friend is selected, that year’s allotment of buddy ePasses can only be used by the employee’s certified extended family buddy pass riders including adult children.
 The employee’s buddy ePasses will not be available for regular buddy pass rider travel for the entire calendar year, even if the enrolled friend is removed prior to the end of that calendar year.
 The decision to register a second enrolled friend in lieu of regular buddy pass rider travel for the new calendar year must be made during the pass rider enrollment period (Nov- Dec time frame each year). The name of the enrolled friend does not need to be submitted at that time. The enrolled friend’s name may be added at any time during the calendar year.

https://flyingtogether.ual.com/web/c...iend/index.jsp

Last edited by APC225; 11-03-2014 at 10:10 AM.
APC225 is offline  
Old 11-03-2014, 01:10 PM
  #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Posts: 337
Default

Originally Posted by APC225 View Post
You can be married and have an enrolled friend but it's called a "second enrolled friend." The pass program allows this, but you have to forfeit buddy passes. I have a nephew who travels a lot he's been traveling just like a family member for two years now. Can even sign in to emplyeeRes and list himself under his own logon ID. Now, for people who want a buddy pass, I can honestly say I don't have those anymore. Win win.

It's kind of confusing how they describe it. It's actually a "second enrolled friend." So if you're single you can have one enrolled friend, but also have a second one if you give up buddy passes. To be equitable, they allowed married employees to do this as well, still calling the enrolled friend the "second" one because the spouse counts as the first one.

Second Enrolled Friend in lieu of Regular Buddy Pass Rider Travel:
All employees may register a second enrolled friend each calendar year in lieu of using their annual allotment of buddy ePasses for regular buddy pass rider travel.
 If a second enrolled friend is selected, that year’s allotment of buddy ePasses can only be used by the employee’s certified extended family buddy pass riders including adult children.
 The employee’s buddy ePasses will not be available for regular buddy pass rider travel for the entire calendar year, even if the enrolled friend is removed prior to the end of that calendar year.
 The decision to register a second enrolled friend in lieu of regular buddy pass rider travel for the new calendar year must be made during the pass rider enrollment period (Nov- Dec time frame each year). The name of the enrolled friend does not need to be submitted at that time. The enrolled friend’s name may be added at any time during the calendar year.

https://flyingtogether.ual.com/web/c...iend/index.jsp

How do you set this up? I didn't realize they could list themselves!
Really is offline  
Old 11-03-2014, 02:19 PM
  #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
APC225's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,866
Default

Originally Posted by Really View Post
How do you set this up? I didn't realize they could list themselves!
https://employeerespss.coair.com/emp...iderAccess.pdf
APC225 is offline  
Old 11-14-2014, 03:39 AM
  #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
reCALcitrant's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2006
Posts: 562
Default

I saw the the open season is November or December. Anybody know when it will allow me to choose 2nd enrolled ilo buddies?
reCALcitrant is offline  
Old 11-14-2014, 08:08 AM
  #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Dave Fitzgerald's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: 777
Posts: 1,926
Default

Originally Posted by reCALcitrant View Post
I saw the the open season is November or December. Anybody know when it will allow me to choose 2nd enrolled ilo buddies?
It's cheaper to buy a real ticket on SWA... Personally, I don't bother anymore.
Dave Fitzgerald is offline  
Old 11-15-2014, 07:55 AM
  #10  
Banned
 
Joined APC: May 2014
Position: Tom’s Whipping boy.
Posts: 1,180
Default

That link is not working for me, even when logged in. Can you find it again?
BMEP100 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
SNA320
United
30
09-03-2011 10:23 AM
EWRflyr
Major
28
07-28-2011 06:27 AM
PinnacleFO
Regional
53
12-13-2010 12:04 PM
freightguy
Major
11
11-24-2009 06:03 PM
ja'd
JetBlue
1
03-31-2006 08:03 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread