Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-12-2017, 12:11 PM   #11  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
Hopeful's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2017
Posts: 78
Default

Crdrvr1

From what I have learned through these forums is that that message is fairly common. For what it's worth, I received it and I have a Master's.

What is the status of your application? Active is the best of the three: Active, On File and Inactive. If your status is Active, you might get that call and subsequent email to take the dreaded Hogan.

Hang in there and good luck.
Hopeful is offline  
Old 05-13-2017, 08:40 AM   #12  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Nov 2016
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
Crdrvr1

From what I have learned through these forums is that that message is fairly common. For what it's worth, I received it and I have a Master's.

What is the status of your application? Active is the best of the three: Active, On File and Inactive. If your status is Active, you might get that call and subsequent email to take the dreaded Hogan.

Hang in there and good luck.
On file, forever.
Crdrvr1 is offline  
Old 06-03-2017, 07:47 PM   #13  
Expert Jumpseater
 
Joined APC: Oct 2009
Position: KC-135
Posts: 73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crdrvr1 View Post
Just applied and got this message immediately.

"We have received and reviewed your application information. Unfortunately, we have many qualified applicants and will not be able to schedule you for additional testing at this time. Thank you for your interest in UPS."
I got this message on my app last year. A friend who is in year 2 at UPS said HR is aware of the problem and there's nothing they can do to fix it. Their suggestion was to create a new email account and start a new application with that account.

I don't recall what generated the error but writing the new application slowly and methodically the second time worked. Having everything ready to go when you sit down to apply helps as the system has issues starting/stopping/saving application progress.

Lastly the only message you want to see on your log in screen is 'active'.

Never give up.
2xAGM114 is offline  
Old 06-04-2017, 04:30 AM   #14  
On Reserve
 
TorukMacto's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2017
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xAGM114 View Post
I don't recall what generated the error but writing the new application slowly and methodically the second time worked. Having everything ready to go when you sit down to apply helps as the system has issues starting/stopping/saving application progress.
So you got past the first rejection screen. Has your application progressed? My concern with creating another application is that HR might see it as an integrity issue.
TorukMacto is offline  
Old 06-04-2017, 02:41 PM   #15  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2013
Posts: 911
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xAGM114 View Post
I got this message on my app last year. A friend who is in year 2 at UPS said HR is aware of the problem and there's nothing they can do to fix it. Their suggestion was to create a new email account and start a new application with that account..
Absolutely bizarre because when a friend asked the very same question at a recent job fair he was told they're working on resolving the problem (was given an email address to follow up) but he was also told that creating a second app using a different email address was NOT what they liked to see.. so I guess the solution depends on who one's talking to and maybe also on the lunar phase at the specific time??
whalesurfer is offline  
Old 06-05-2017, 04:05 AM   #16  
Expert Jumpseater
 
Joined APC: Oct 2009
Position: KC-135
Posts: 73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorukMacto View Post
So you got past the first rejection screen. Has your application progressed? My concern with creating another application is that HR might see it as an integrity issue.
This was in mid-December, so I waited until 1 January and started a new '17 app. It's now active and continuously updated.

Not an integrity issue. I asked to have the old apps deleted and was told to just begin a new one for the current year.
2xAGM114 is offline  
Old 06-05-2017, 04:12 AM   #17  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
Hopeful's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2017
Posts: 78
Default

The fact that this was for the change of the calendar year makes a difference. I'm pretty sure all applicants were advised to start a new application in 2017. I am very hesitant to try this in the same year as my current application.
Hopeful is offline  
Old 06-05-2017, 04:59 AM   #18  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Airline Captain
Posts: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xAGM114 View Post
This was in mid-December, so I waited until 1 January and started a new '17 app. It's now active and continuously updated.

Not an integrity issue. I asked to have the old apps deleted and was told to just begin a new one for the current year.
Define "continuously updated".... because there is no way to update your app on their system...
Walkeraviator is offline  
Old 06-05-2017, 05:15 AM   #19  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2016
Posts: 173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkeraviator View Post
Define "continuously updated".... because there is no way to update your app on their system...
I can update mine also. I believe as long as it says "active" one can log in and update flight times and quals.
Falcondrivr is offline  
Old 06-05-2017, 05:19 AM   #20  
Gets Weekends Off
 
runsky42's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Upright
Posts: 106
Default

Hmm I was able to go in and update the other day. I had a Capt. give me a rec and he said go and update your stuff. I said you can't but figured I would try and sure enough I was able to.
runsky42 is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FAPA Job Fair Chicago amortensen Career Questions 6 02-20-2014 04:22 PM
Airline presentations prior to job fair MikeF16 Career Questions 4 10-27-2013 04:01 PM
FltOps Regional Job Fair LAX 09/24/11 bcpilot Hiring News 3 09-28-2011 11:04 PM
UPS lobbyists FR8K9 Cargo 12 10-06-2008 05:02 AM
UPS TA, the other side of the story Part 1 Zoro Cargo 19 07-28-2006 12:30 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:10 PM.