Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > > >
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2019, 05:52 PM   #201  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Position: WB F/O
Posts: 4
Default

I used Emerald Coast, which they were great. Then used Adam Hughes for sim prep, and after the sim prep Adam advised me to call him for some interview prep.... free! He was excellent. When I asked to pay him, he said even though I used "the other" prep service, he wanted to make sure all clients of his were hired. Does seem to really know UPS more than the other did, and to boot, my sim instructors son is a UPS fo. I wish now that I had just gone with him for all! Highly recommend using Adam for any and all of his services!
Bum130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:35 AM   #202  
Social Media retired.
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: May 2018
Posts: 126
Default

If you have the disposable income then ^^^^ is probably the best way to do it for UPS. Benefit of ECIC is that if UPS doesnít work out Emrlerald coast covers everyone and you get unlimited consultation and seminars. And they do have online seminars - I did it this way and it worked great.

Note to those interested: know what you are getting into with this joint. I mean really take the time to sit down and research all the ins and outs of this place, specifically with the union - company relationship and itís history for at least the past decade. Find your buddies that work here and have a good sit down. Donít know any, then use your JS privileges and jump through the system and talk to the guys. Go to the cafeteria in sdf and find more guys to chat with. Once it comes time to accept that class date you best know what no waivers & no favors means, what the 109 is, why there are plain white MD11s on our ramps, and why the staffing issue got to where it is otherwise youíre going to find yourself like a deer in headlights pretty quickly. This place is not for the weak.

Personally, Iíve had a great ride here, been treated fairly as an individual but Iím having real deep second guessing issues of having chose this place to invest my career in. Buyer beware. The gig is still good, but Iíd keep a close eye on the bar owner...
FTv3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:39 AM   #203  
Gets Weekends Off
 
SoFloFlyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTv3 View Post
If you have the disposable income then ^^^^ is probably the best way to do it for UPS. Benefit of ECIC is that if UPS doesnít work out Emrlerald coast covers everyone and you get unlimited consultation and seminars. And they do have online seminars - I did it this way and it worked great.

Note to those interested: know what you are getting into with this joint. I mean really take the time to sit down and research all the ins and outs of this place, specifically with the union - company relationship and itís history for at least the past decade. Find your buddies that work here and have a good sit down. Donít know any, then use your JS privileges and jump through the system and talk to the guys. Go to the cafeteria in sdf and find more guys to chat with. Once it comes time to accept that class date you best know what no waivers & no favors means, what the 109 is, why there are plain white MD11s on our ramps, and why the staffing issue got to where it is otherwise youíre going to find yourself like a deer in headlights pretty quickly. This place is not for the weak.

Personally, Iíve had a great ride here, been treated fairly as an individual but Iím having real deep second guessing issues of having chose this place to invest my career in. Buyer beware. The gig is still good, but Iíd keep a close eye on the bar owner...
Very interesting and transparent. Thank you for sharing.
SoFloFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:50 AM   #204  
Challenge Accepted Five
 
BoilerUP's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTv3
Iím having real deep second guessing issues of having chose this place to invest my career in.

Honest question - why?
BoilerUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:35 AM   #205  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Mar 2015
Posts: 49
Default

So Iím guessing the white MD-11s are Western Global on contract?
RNO Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:42 AM   #206  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Airbum's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Posts: 564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNO Flyer View Post
So Iím guessing the white MD-11s are Western Global on contract?
yes operating in a blatant violation of the scope clause. The court system agreed.
Airbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:46 AM   #207  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Airbum's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Posts: 564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTv3 View Post
If you have the disposable income then ^^^^ is probably the best way to do it for UPS. Benefit of ECIC is that if UPS doesn’t work out Emrlerald coast covers everyone and you get unlimited consultation and seminars. And they do have online seminars - I did it this way and it worked great.

Note to those interested: know what you are getting into with this joint. I mean really take the time to sit down and research all the ins and outs of this place, specifically with the union - company relationship and it’s history for at least the past decade. Find your buddies that work here and have a good sit down. Don’t know any, then use your JS privileges and jump through the system and talk to the guys. Go to the cafeteria in sdf and find more guys to chat with. Once it comes time to accept that class date you best know what no waivers & no favors means, what the 109 is, why there are plain white MD11s on our ramps, and why the staffing issue got to where it is otherwise you’re going to find yourself like a deer in headlights pretty quickly. This place is not for the weak.

Personally, I’ve had a great ride here, been treated fairly as an individual but I’m having real deep second guessing issues of having chose this place to invest my career in. Buyer beware. The gig is still good, but I’d keep a close eye on the bar owner...

I think this is some great advice,

Everything good at UPS from the pilot's perspective came at a fight and continues to be one. Yes there are coattail riders but the reason people are interested in flying for UPS is because of what we the Union have made the job. You will be called upon to be a Union member
Airbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:51 AM   #208  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jan 2019
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpilot View Post
Just curious, did anyone not receive an invite after passing the Hogan?

If you did get an invite, how long did it take to get the call after passing?
I called the person that originally called me 2 weeks after i took it to find out if i passed the hogan. I got invite a month later because of the holidays. They are not in a big hurry to get anyone into class. Currently i am in the pool...fingers crossed!
Pilotpoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:58 AM   #209  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jan 2019
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bum130 View Post
I used Emerald Coast, which they were great. Then used Adam Hughes for sim prep, and after the sim prep Adam advised me to call him for some interview prep.... free! He was excellent. When I asked to pay him, he said even though I used "the other" prep service, he wanted to make sure all clients of his were hired. Does seem to really know UPS more than the other did, and to boot, my sim instructors son is a UPS fo. I wish now that I had just gone with him for all! Highly recommend using Adam for any and all of his services!
Adam was really great! I consider him a career coach! Are you in the pool?
Pilotpoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 04:56 PM   #210  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2009
Posts: 219
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotpoolie View Post
I called the person that originally called me 2 weeks after i took it to find out if i passed the hogan. I got invite a month later because of the holidays. They are not in a big hurry to get anyone into class. Currently i am in the pool...fingers crossed!
I got the call and passed the Hogan and then nada. Keep staring at my iPhone like a teenage girl on Snapgram.
4runner is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 UPS hiring FTFF UPS 386 06-04-2018 09:44 PM
UPS Hiring FQS jlg79 Cargo 154 05-24-2014 10:27 AM
Political group does a 180 on FDX for UPS 767pilot Cargo 113 10-15-2009 07:19 PM
UPS lobbyists FR8K9 Cargo 12 10-06-2008 06:02 AM
New Deal with Teamsters Cujo Cargo 4 10-01-2007 11:08 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:35 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1