Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-17-2019, 04:21 AM   #1  
On Reserve
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Dec 2014
Posts: 13
Default DD-214, Airline/AF Reserves Transition

Good Day APC,
I did a search and found a couple of hits here and there on other forums but no definitive answer. Just wondering what UPS specifically requires if a DD214 isn't availiable (I don't start terminal for a couple months). Will they accept a MFR from my CC detailing my sep date and terminal leave date for availiability purposes. I'm Palace Chasing and it seems finalizing the paper work might take right up until I go on terminal. If any mil folks can enlighten me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, fly safe out there.
c5pilot11 is offline  
Old 09-17-2019, 05:04 AM   #2  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Above 70,000'
Posts: 26
Default

I don't remember them asking for a dd214 when I interviewed 2 years ago. They took my word for it regarding my availability. They did ask for one when I started indoc, though.

Travis or Dover?

Blue skies and good luck!
jfingers is offline  
Old 09-17-2019, 05:20 AM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
arjmjj's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: Brown MD-11
Posts: 107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c5pilot11 View Post
Good Day APC,
I did a search and found a couple of hits here and there on other forums but no definitive answer. Just wondering what UPS specifically requires if a DD214 isn't availiable (I don't start terminal for a couple months). Will they accept a MFR from my CC detailing my sep date and terminal leave date for availiability purposes. I'm Palace Chasing and it seems finalizing the paper work might take right up until I go on terminal. If any mil folks can enlighten me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, fly safe out there.
You talking for interview or start date? Interview theyíll ask availability date and whether it is terminal leave or completely separated; no DD-214 reqd. Start date you must be on terminal, I needed my DD-214 when I started in Oct 2017.
arjmjj is offline  
Old 09-17-2019, 07:51 AM   #4  
On Reserve
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Dec 2014
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfingers View Post
I don't remember them asking for a dd214 when I interviewed 2 years ago. They took my word for it regarding my availability. They did ask for one when I started indoc, though.

Travis or Dover?

Blue skies and good luck!
Dover...two Tours. "Once a Pelican...."
c5pilot11 is offline  
Old 09-17-2019, 07:53 AM   #5  
On Reserve
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Dec 2014
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjmjj View Post
You talking for interview or start date? Interview theyíll ask availability date and whether it is terminal leave or completely separated; no DD-214 reqd. Start date you must be on terminal, I needed my DD-214 when I started in Oct 2017.
It was one of the required docs in the email for the interview. Seems like if I produce something from MPF and a memo from the commander, both of those should satisfy the requirement instead of me coming with nothing. Thanks for the help.
c5pilot11 is offline  
Old 09-17-2019, 08:58 AM   #6  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Above 70,000'
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c5pilot11 View Post
It was one of the required docs in the email for the interview. Seems like if I produce something from MPF and a memo from the commander, both of those should satisfy the requirement instead of me coming with nothing. Thanks for the help.
I took a print out of my vmpf form and highlighted my separation date. Sufficed for the interview.

Travis guy, myself... Someone had to fly while you upgraded to the M!
jfingers is offline  
Old 09-17-2019, 09:45 AM   #7  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 88
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c5pilot11 View Post
Good Day APC,
I did a search and found a couple of hits here and there on other forums but no definitive answer. Just wondering what UPS specifically requires if a DD214 isn't availiable (I don't start terminal for a couple months). Will they accept a MFR from my CC detailing my sep date and terminal leave date for availiability purposes. I'm Palace Chasing and it seems finalizing the paper work might take right up until I go on terminal. If any mil folks can enlighten me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, fly safe out there.
I donít think I ever have them a DD214. AFPC didnít get it finalized until I was almost done with IOE.
tnkrdrvr is offline  
Old 09-20-2019, 12:47 AM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2015
Posts: 249
Default

Youíre way overthinking it. Itís not that big of a deal.
Ray Kinsella is offline  
Old 09-21-2019, 01:18 PM   #9  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jul 2019
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c5pilot11 View Post
Good Day APC,
I did a search and found a couple of hits here and there on other forums but no definitive answer. Just wondering what UPS specifically requires if a DD214 isn't availiable (I don't start terminal for a couple months). Will they accept a MFR from my CC detailing my sep date and terminal leave date for availiability purposes. I'm Palace Chasing and it seems finalizing the paper work might take right up until I go on terminal. If any mil folks can enlighten me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, fly safe out there.
you can ask your current command for a "statement of service" letter. works the same for active duty or reserves/ NG. Each letter is different but in general you could state your current status, with expected transfer date to IRR or retirement or to Reserve/ NG unit. A letter can state years of current service, combat time/ what ever you want / need it to state (legally of course). I just had one typed up since my last DD214 is from 2005 and an employer wanted an official doc to cover my service since then. Better a letter than some strange set of DFAS printouts that they can't read. College kids / Vet's kids often need one if they are applying for a Yellow Ribbon program or VA bennies before formal acceptance into the university. Good Luck!!
tonyblack is offline  
Old 09-24-2019, 09:15 AM   #10  
On Reserve
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Dec 2014
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyblack View Post
you can ask your current command for a "statement of service" letter. works the same for active duty or reserves/ NG. Each letter is different but in general you could state your current status, with expected transfer date to IRR or retirement or to Reserve/ NG unit. A letter can state years of current service, combat time/ what ever you want / need it to state (legally of course). I just had one typed up since my last DD214 is from 2005 and an employer wanted an official doc to cover my service since then. Better a letter than some strange set of DFAS printouts that they can't read. College kids / Vet's kids often need one if they are applying for a Yellow Ribbon program or VA bennies before formal acceptance into the university. Good Luck!!
Thatís a good idea. Iíll see what looks the best and is also the least confusing. I really appreciate everyoneís inputs. Fly safe out there.
c5pilot11 is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Did anyone else read this Airtran MEC memo? Bill Lumberg Major 79 03-06-2011 07:31 AM
UAL/CAL Announce transition agreement Thunder1 Major 9 08-28-2010 07:58 AM
Council 34 S/T Report, 7/6/2010 HSLD United 43 08-19-2010 11:19 AM
Transition to the CRJ from the 1900 ebl14 Regional 2 08-20-2007 09:33 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:35 AM.