Notices
Your Photos and Videos Share your best

Crew Cars

Old 12-21-2011, 11:04 PM
  #21  
Gets Weekends Off
 
N9373M's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 1,975
Default

Originally Posted by talon06 View Post
73M - USC Gamecock - 2011 ACC Champions


Okay. Sumthin ain't rite. The Cocks had nuttin to do with an ACC anythin.

(IPTAY is OK, but you can't beat them Cocks)
We beat the ACC champs this year, thus the dig. The chicken curse does not permit us to crow very often.
N9373M is offline  
Old 12-29-2011, 08:05 PM
  #22  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Dec 2011
Position: Really Old School Freight Dog- Fly SW!
Posts: 32
Default

Great idea for a thread. I will start collecting photo's!
Seaboard World is offline  
Old 12-30-2011, 01:15 AM
  #23  
Day puke
 
FlyJSH's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Out.
Posts: 3,852
Default

Sorry I don't have a photo....

NAS GTMO had a van that the Marines provided that had no doors. It had no air conditioning and with the temperature so high, the boys just removed the doors for cooling. Bravo Zulu for ingenuity.

Those boys really did a good job protecting our ships

In all honesty, as a stranger in a strange land, those GTMO Marines made me feel welcome.

Semper FI from an appreciative Squid.
FlyJSH is offline  
Old 01-01-2012, 07:09 AM
  #24  
On Reserve
 
RJetpaully's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: furloughed...
Posts: 14
Default

I know that truck!! It was a long time ago but you don't really forget a beauty such as that!
RJetpaully is offline  
Old 01-01-2012, 08:41 AM
  #25  
Gets Weekends Off
 
siemprerojo's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: Boeing 757 First Officer and Cessna 182H financier
Posts: 106
Default

Showed up in KJAC one night back in the 90's. The previous nights crew had hit a moose on the long drive into the hotel. Repointed the headlights and drove carefully into town on ice. I would have taken a picture but the film froze in my camera.
siemprerojo is offline  
Old 01-23-2012, 04:46 PM
  #26  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
LastTraintoMEM's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: CE560XL- Captain
Posts: 193
Default

From a Pontiac 6000 in Salina, KS, to a Lexus 490 at JA Air Center in Aurora, IL. Pimp ride crew car is usually reserved for the VIP crowd. I have driven it a couple of times, but expect the Honda Accord.

LastTraintoMEM is offline  
Old 01-24-2012, 06:02 AM
  #27  
Gets Weekends Off
 
USMCFLYR's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'
Posts: 11,941
Default

Originally Posted by FlyFast310 View Post
Nothing but the best here in Salina
Originally Posted by LastTraintoMEM View Post
From a Pontiac 6000 in Salina, KS, to a Lexus 490 at JA Air Center in Aurora, IL. Pimp ride crew car is usually reserved for the VIP crowd. I have driven it a couple of times, but expect the Honda Accord.
To add on to the crew cars (vans) at Salina, KS - I recently had the opportunity to take the beat up white 15 pax van on the road to BBQ in Salina Good times - - - and good BBQ too!

USMCFLYR
USMCFLYR is offline  
Old 01-24-2012, 05:26 PM
  #28  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
LastTraintoMEM's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: CE560XL- Captain
Posts: 193
Default

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
To add on to the crew cars (vans) at Salina, KS - I recently had the opportunity to take the beat up white 15 pax van on the road to BBQ in Salina Good times - - - and good BBQ too!

USMCFLYR

Wild Hogs? Good BBQ for Kansas! There is one in Wichita too.
LastTraintoMEM is offline  
Old 01-24-2012, 05:43 PM
  #29  
Gets Weekends Off
 
USMCFLYR's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'
Posts: 11,941
Default

Originally Posted by LastTraintoMEM View Post
Wild Hogs? Good BBQ for Kansas! There is one in Wichita too.
That is the place!
I know what you mean for good BBQ IN KANSAS - but I tell you - one of my favorite lunch stops is the Millionaire at Topeka Forbes Field. that little shop they have set up right in the terminal area has one of the most delicious rib baskets I've ever had. 3 or 4 HUGE ribs and the meat practically falls off the bone.

USMCFLYR
USMCFLYR is offline  
Old 01-24-2012, 05:50 PM
  #30  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
LastTraintoMEM's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: CE560XL- Captain
Posts: 193
Default

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
That is the place!
I know what you mean for good BBQ IN KANSAS - but I tell you - one of my favorite lunch stops is the Millionaire at Topeka Forbes Field. that little shop they have set up right in the terminal area has one of the most delicious rib baskets I've ever had. 3 or 4 HUGE ribs and the meat practically falls off the bone.

USMCFLYR
I will have to look that one up. Thanks!
LastTraintoMEM is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
MD11Fr8Dog
Cargo
23
01-16-2011 09:18 AM
fr8rcaptain
Cargo
15
12-01-2010 01:05 PM
NGINEWHOISWHAT
Major
1
06-27-2007 04:09 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread