Originally Posted by futurepilotwife
My fiance desperatly wants to be an airline pilot but he has a burglary of a building felony over 3 years ago. Will any company hire him as a pilot with this background? Can he even be a CFI?????? I'm desperate for answers. thanks
Here is some info from a post by Lori Clark
that I read a few weeks ago. I hope this helps, but I don't think it looks good for Him. Maybe cantact Lori, she could tell you more. Good Luck.
According to 14 CFR – Chapter I – Part 108, individuals hired on or after December 6, 2001, granted authority to perform screening functions and/or that possess unescorted access authority will undergo a fingerprint-based CHRC. Two forms of identification must be submitted at the time of fingerprinting, one of which is government issued. In order for individuals to have the above authority, he or she cannot have any of the following disqualifying criminal offences:
(1) Forgery of certificates, false marking of aircraft, and other aircraft registration violation; 49 U.S.C. 46306.
(2) Interference with air navigation; 49 U.S.C. 46308.
(3) Improper transportation of a hazardous material; 49 U.S.C. 46312.
(4) Aircraft piracy; 49 U.S.C. 46502.
(5) Interference with flight crew members or flight attendants; 49 U.S.C. 46504.
(6) Commission of certain crimes aboard aircraft in flight; 49 U.S.C. 46506.
(7) Carrying a weapon or explosive aboard aircraft; 49 U.S.C. 46505.
(8) Conveying false information and threats; 49 U.S.C. 46507.
(9) Aircraft piracy outside the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States; 49 U.S.C. 46502(b).
(10) Lighting violations involving transporting controlled substances; 49 U.S.C. 46315.
(11) Unlawful entry into an aircraft or airport area that serves air carriers or
foreign air carriers contrary to established security requirements; 49 U.S.C. 46314.
(12) Destruction of an aircraft or aircraft facility; 18 U.S.C. 32.
(14) Assault with intent to murder.
(17) Kidnapping or hostage taking.
(19) Rape or aggravated sexual abuse.
(20) Unlawful possession, use, sale, distribution, or manufacture of an explosive or weapon.
(22) Armed or felony unarmed robbery.
(23) Distribution of, or intent to distribute, a controlled substance.
(24) Felony arson.
(25) Felony involving a threat.
(26) Felony involving
(i) Willful destruction of property;
(ii) Importation or manufacture of a controlled substance;
(v) Dishonesty, fraud, or misrepresentation
(vi) Possession or distribution of stolen property
(vii) Aggravated assault;
(viii) Bribery; or
(ix) Illegal possession of a controlled substance punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment
of more than 1 year.
(27) Violence at international airports; 18 U.S.C. 37.
(28) Conspiracy or attempt to commit any of the criminal acts listed in this paragraph.
By signing you are acknowledging that:
1. You do not have a disqualifying criminal offense listed above
2. Under 49 CFR 1544.229 you have a continuing obligation to disclose to the Company within 24 hours if you are convicted of any disqualifying criminal offense.
3. The information I have provided on this application is true, complete, and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief and is provided in good faith. I understand that a knowing and willful false statement on this application can be punished by fine or imprisonment or both. (See section 1001 of Title 18 United States Code.)
Clark Aviation Consulting
Sorry, but it dont look good.