Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Caravan Captain

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 11:13 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2014
Position: Deployed Reservist

I have caravan exp flying part 135 cargo at night. Guys, the Caravan is turbine PIC. I'm flying a Lear now, thanks to being a caravan pilot in my last gig. Sir, thanks for posting this. I wish people weren't hostile to those who post jobs. If you have a question, ask it respectfully or they'll go to a job board you have to pay for.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:05 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2009

I agree Learhet FO.

I have received many enquires and have even hired guys, thats good.
If anyone else is interested, feel free to contact me.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014

Pattupilot,

Please send your email so I can get more details.

Thanks
Old 07-29-2014, 08:58 AM

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: ATP, CFI etc.

Originally Posted by Learjet FO View Post
I have caravan exp flying part 135 cargo at night. Guys, the Caravan is turbine PIC. I'm flying a Lear now, thanks to being a caravan pilot in my last gig. Sir, thanks for posting this. I wish people weren't hostile to those who post jobs. If you have a question, ask it respectfully or they'll go to a job board you have to pay for.
I've never been on a hiring board, but from what I hear S-E turbine time is not quite equal to M-E turbine time. I wish it were so, there are a bunch of 208 operators around. Glad you got a job with yours though.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:11 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: Prop PIC - We hit turbulence!

Originally Posted by Cubdriver View Post
I've never been on a hiring board, but from what I hear S-E turbine time is not quite equal to M-E turbine time. I wish it were so, there are a bunch of 208 operators around. Glad you got a job with yours though.
I think it is more operator specific if anything, and probably insurance driven (not that it'll matter on a regional/majors scale). I'd say the knowledge of more complex systems is one of the obvious benefits.

From what I've seen is that PIC SE turbine is better than ME piston, when going to the next step per say.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:10 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2009

jeffmjohnson53,

Please check your PM
Old 08-02-2014, 03:50 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2014
Position: Deployed Reservist
Default Agreed

Originally Posted by IcyAviator View Post
I think it is more operator specific if anything, and probably insurance driven (not that it'll matter on a regional/majors scale). I'd say the knowledge of more complex systems is one of the obvious benefits.

From what I've seen is that PIC SE turbine is better than ME piston, when going to the next step per say.
Agreed, F16 pilots never seem to have a problem getting hired. Its the turbine, or in their case jet time that is more valuable than ME piston.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by Learjet FO View Post
Agreed, F16 pilots never seem to have a problem getting hired. Its the turbine, or in their case jet time that is more valuable[/B] than ME piston.
I think it is their backgrounds, prior screening, work ethic, leadership skills, intensive training, and then an exception to the general rule (low time single engine turbine time is good enough) that helps the F-16 guys get hired on in my opinion.
Just ANY single engine turbine isn't going to get the same attention - Caravan or other.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:36 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

^^ What he said.^^

I would hire the right low time Viper guy over a 1000 ME piston guy in a heart beat. Anyone can get ME piston time, not everyone van get Viper time...way too many checks and balances along the way to skate.