Notices
In Memory Of Pay your respects to fallen aviators

Tributes to Kevin Mosley and Tony Pino

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 02:30 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: Sitting

I just left Kevin Mosley's service, or his celebration of life. What a quality man. There were well over 100 people there, about 40 from FDX Ground Operations, and probably 30 FDX crew members. Not to mention guys from UAL,
Horizon, American. Beautiful sunshine, video history of this fine gentleman's life, and tributes by all including the COO. The ground ops folks brought 30 freshly washed trucks, went to the burial service, and formed a perimeter
for all to see. They then convoyed to the celebration service as a team.

This day was/is devoted to Kevin, and it was very, very well done, as it should have been for what is a fine man.

Blue Skies you all. FBH....ck your email.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

You just about said it all! I was there with my wife and a sr ramp agent who is a friend and it was very moving. The interment in the morning was one that I will remember for a long time. This man was my friend and I am still learning things about him. If I am haft the man he was, then I will have lived a very full live.

Fair winds and following seas my friend.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: MD-11 Captain

I apologize in advance for my (minor?) thread creep. In response to the FX80 accident, FDX management recently reminded us to designate (maybe update) our designated CAL (Casualty Assistance Liason, the person you request advises your family of your demise and assists the family with company issues). I'm trying to do that (I think Kevin and Tony would want me to) but having trouble finding the link in VIPS ... suggestions please.

TIA ... Mark
Old 04-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 11 Left Side

Originally Posted by MaydayMark View Post
I apologize in advance for my (minor?) thread creep. In response to the FX80 accident, FDX management recently reminded us to designate (maybe update) our designated CAL (Casualty Assistance Liason, the person you request advises your family of your demise and assists the family with company issues). I'm trying to do that (I think Kevin and Tony would want me to) but having trouble finding the link in VIPS ... suggestions please.

TIA ... Mark
It' under your Crew Information Misc Preferences Mark.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:31 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: Sitting

Thanks for the note Noser....when i get 25 and my pm we'll talk. ask FBH
he'll give you a lead....
Old 04-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: C-172

I am going to unsticky this thread, but it does not mean that we forget either man, and more importantly, we do not forget their families. If there is any progress in that education fund, please post here. There are many among us who are waiting to contribute to it.

A person's legacy is the kind of friends he leaves behind. Looks like Kevin and Tony had plenty of those.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:20 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2009
Position: SITTING

word has it the family is ok. the family's wish is reported to be that whatever anciallary efforts are undertaken are directed to a portland area
flight training org. there are some fdx crews efforting that. im sure they will
post when things are more clear. (fbh?) thx for the post vag. our lives are busy but we must reflect and support, as all these fine people have done thus far.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Looking for "Confirm Engine Out" button

Originally Posted by Kooky View Post
Just saw TP off on his journey home on the MEM-SAT flight. Beautiful WX and support from all in MEM.

GOD BLESS and RIP
God bless Kevin & Tony as we approach the second anniversary of that tragic accident. Fair winds my friends.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:18 PM
Nice lookin' tree, there!

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: MD-11, old man
Default four years

Hardly a day goes by without thinking about you. You are sorely missed.
fbh