View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 04:04 PM
LeineLodge
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: DAL FO

Originally Posted by DeadHead View Post
Second that what exactly is "Trip Parking" ?
It is used to get over the max pickup. It's easier to understand with an example:

Say for instance I'm at ALV+12 (with max pickup being ALV+15). I see a trip in open time that I really want to fly, but it is 15 hours. I cannot pick that trip up because it would cause me to exceed max pickup.

The key to trip parking is the swap board is not limited by max pickup. Therefore, I call a friend, who happens to have a low time line for the month, and has those days off. He Whiteslips the trip, and then "swaps" it to me for nothing in return. I just circumvented the intent of the max pickup, but technically did not break any rules of the contract.

Alot of guys have a problem with this. I see it as a problem, but don't blame anyone for working the current system to their advantage. It's my same view of the +60 geezers. I don't like it, but don't blame them personally for taking advantage of the rules that are currently in place.

That being said, I think it needs to be changed so trip parking can't happen. It reduces staffing requirements and allows guys to overwork thus helping the company run thin.

A better solution is to get our pay and workrules up so guys don't have to ***** for a decent paycheck.