View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 12:09 PM
sizzlechest
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by Cessnan1315efw View Post
I will be attending the job fair tommorow in ATL i'm currently at 810tt 55multi. This is the first job fair i have ever gone to and was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on what to expect?

This will be a great opportunity to "sell yourself" as to why they should hire you over that guy in line behind you. most folks don't get any face time until they interview so tell them why you are "the man" but don't be cocky or selling snake oil. they will have a good quality copy of your current resume in their hand so they will be taking notes on it to jog their memory later when interview invites get sent out. Look sharp...feel sharp...be sharp!

its pretty much for the whole day ending around 5 i believe. do you stay around for the whole thing?

Or until you have spoken to all the recruiters and seen what you came to see and grab all the free swag you can get.

do airlines take turns giving presentation about their company?

Often times, yes. The pre-research you are doing as I type this will give you the answer. Because, of course, you have customized copies of your resume to each airline you will be visiting with. i think it is much more classy to have something like "career pilot employment with ABC Airlines, Inc." in your resume then "career pilot emplyment with an airline".

I'm mainly going to talk to the ZW recruiters as i already work for the airline but would it be wierd if i went to talk to them and then walked over to the eagle/asa/expressjet guys and talked to them about a job?

Not in the least. You should most certainly schmooze with your current employer's reps in attendance and make it clear that you already work there and love, eat it, breathe it, etc. without coming off too creepy. but also keep your eyes open for all other opportunities.

should I be prepared to answer some basic HR questions?

always! you are making a sales pitch in a sense....

I will be staying at the hotel the night prior. is it best to go down right when they start or maybe wait a little bit?

If by "a little bit" you mean 10 minutes late, it doesn't matter. otherwise, the early bird gets the worm.....

also not to sure on the dress code but i will be wearing a suit.

That's fine, don't get too formal though...

any info would be appreciated thanks
answers in bold above.