View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 03:58 AM
TimingANDluck
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Default Why is fapa williing to give up so much?

Let me start by saying that I fly for Republic on the FFD side so I do not have much interaction with the F9 pilot group. Let me also say that I do believe that the majority of the Frontier pilot group is made up of good people that mean well.

That being said, I must ask...

Why does it seem like FAPA is so willing to play ball with the company and take concessions? I understand that until the vote on June 17th it is just speculation that the pilot group will vote yes for the proposed concessions, but Bedford seems to be very confident about the whole process.

This is an open question to any F9 drivers. I just want to better understand why you would be willing to take concessions for "good faith" profit type sharing in the future? Not to mention, if you do vote in the concessions then Bedford said that he would then go after every other F9 workgroups (maint., Gate agents, ramp workers etc.) 401k and other benefits and wages thus seemingly making you a target to all other work groups. I have worked under the serpent disguised as Bedford and Co and have learned to worry about agreeing to anything that they propose and that’s why seeing FAPA help the cause worries me so much.

Thank you for your time,
3-1/2 year very junior FO