View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 07:49 AM
scambo1
The Brown Dot +1

Joined APC: Jun 2009
Position: 777B

Originally Posted by Bucking Bar View Post
That's kind of the point I was making with the Compass flow up guys who where having trouble on the older generation Delta equipment.

All this is making me wonder if the transition the other way (Boeing to Bus) is equally "different."

One point, with all this talk of stalls and spins is, in the civilian world spins just are not taught any more. Given the number of commercial pilots who have departed controlled flight recently it would appear a must that some time in a pilot's training they spin a few airplanes. One regional sent their IP's out to spend a few hours in an Extra 300 before teaching upset recovery training. IMHO, that was an excellent idea (and fun too).

Bar;
I think that sending your instructors out in an extra 300 is cool, but the Extra flies in unusual attitudes all the time and is made to do that, recover, re-enter, etc. all day long.

Some airliners are so pathetically aerodynamic - outside the normal envelope - they need strakes, and mods just to make them pass faa certification - forget fly upside down for a sortie.

I agree, as a minimum standard of private pilot certification, spins are very important...I dont know why they deleted them. How do you get out of a spin if all you have done is been briefed on it?