View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 09:48 AM
TeamK
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2011

Bucking Bar, you're spot on. I was overseas the past 8 years serving our country, and in contrast to the insidious change most other Americans saw, I came back to a culture shock: It seems most Americans have an Ipod, Iphone, and Ipad and are constantly glued to it: facebooking, tweeting or texting all the time. They don't care and don't want to pay attention to what's going on around them. People are so much more selfish and unconcerned with civic affairs or what's really going on in the world than they were even 10 years ago.

Many great empires including the Roman Empire weren't crushed by invaders, but rather rotted from the inside out. Rome's corrupt politicians and crippling bureacracy caused it to implode. America needs to wake up and citizens need to take responsibility for the general state of the country. People need to demand that their elected representatives act in our interests. Oh, wait, I forgot, they're too busy tweeting young girls and sending pictures of their junk over the internet.